Wildflower 70.3

kypdurran
on 5/3/09 2:02 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

My coach and I went to Lake San Antonio, California this weekend and represented former fat-folks, Baton Rouge and Louisiana at one of the most amazing venues I've ever been to.   I'm proud to say that I'm a finisher of one of the most difficult 70.3, half-Ironman distance races in the country.   It was a BRUTALLY challenging course.   The scenery on the course for the bike and the run was amazing.   The weather was PERFECT. The festival was amazing and the whole event had an electricity about it I've never experienced at any of the triathlons I've ever participated in.   Everything about this race and the event was EPIC!    

I'm convincing my tri club to make this one of our club events next year.   Even if they don't want to do it I'm IN. 

I'm licking my wounds and trying to keep the swelling down from my 8 hours on the course yesterday. I feel about 5X worse now than after New Orleans. Writing the race report now and will post the few pictures that I have soon. 

Chad

Marie it was great meeting you this weekend.  I know you were able to rock the Olympic distance race today and can't wait to hear about your experience with it. 

Sherry_Berry
on 5/3/09 8:09 pm - Dacula, GA
Poopy monster report?
mcarthur01
on 5/3/09 11:59 pm - Cumming, GA
Congrats!  i'm looking forward to the race report.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Darrell H.
on 5/4/09 12:34 am, edited 5/4/09 12:35 am - Sinton, TX
Congrats Chad. I am looking forward to the race report. I am still working on fuel problems that I will ask you for some advice later. Got pretty light headed yesterday. I am sure I didnt prepare myself properly for my swim in the middle of the afternoon.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 5/4/09 1:16 am
Congrats Chad!

I'm looking forward toanother fun race report. 
I'm glad you had a blast and it's great to see you would recommend this event.
Maybe next year.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 5/4/09 10:01 am - Northern, CA
It's going to be until tonight before I can write it up. But it was a FANTASTIC experience and I can't wait to tell you guys all about it!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active