Got a question

Musicmama88
on 4/26/09 4:08 pm - Danville, IN
I am a 62 year old grandmother who had RNY three and a half years ago. I lost 140 pounds and have maintained pretty well. I have gained a few but I figure its the bounce back that they told me would happen. However, I have gained a few inches in my hips and waist, mostly from being so sedentary in the winter. I am thinking of joining Curves but want to know if it would be worth my time and money.
I want to do something that will help me stay agile, lose a few pounds and  inches. I will walk often as well now that the weather is nicer.
Please let me know if you have had any kiind of success with this at all.

Thanks!
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

kypdurran
on 4/27/09 4:51 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Betsy.  My girlfriend joined it, signed a year contract and went maybe 4 or 5 times.   I guess she was just too lazy to stick to it.    From what I understand, is a structured, round robin, circuit training plan.   If you've never been exposed to weight lifting in the past then it may be a good deal.  

If you make a commitment to stick to their plan it will probably be successful.  

Best of luck!

Chad

MacMadame
on 4/27/09 10:49 am - Northern, CA
I did it for a while. I think it's a good way to get your feet wet. But most people get bored after a while and need to move on to something more challenging.

So don't sign any long-term contracts! LOL

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kathkeb
on 4/29/09 7:51 am
Curves has its place --- in my opinion.

I was a member for a while, but their hours were not convenient for me.
they close in the mid-afternoon for a few hours and are not open late at night.

Also, for the same price, I could join LA Fitness which is a full-service gym with classes, a pool, sauna, etc.

If you are looking for a smaller place, with a female-only clientele, and can work around their hours, it may be a good choice for you.

Why don't you find out if you can go and work out on a 'free pass' before you commit to anything.

Good luck,
kath
Musicmama88
on 4/29/09 10:02 am - Danville, IN
Thanks for all the responses, you all have been very helpful. I think I will go check on a "free trial" time or two just to see what I think. If not, there is a Ladies Only type thing in a small town nearby that I might check out.

Thanks again!
Betsy
"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active