What running shoe do you use?

Darrell H.
on 4/26/09 1:05 am - Sinton, TX
Last weekend I went to a local running store and was fitted for a running shoe. I pronate so they brought out several control shoes. They were ok, but I want adidas and she said that I needed the adidas supernova sequence which they did not have in my size.  have now ordewred a pair and cant wait to get in this shoe. What shoe do you all wear?
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/26/09 2:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
Asics Keyanos for me....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mistiimichelle
on 4/26/09 3:15 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
wonderful question
I was thinking this morning that I would post and ask.
I look forward to hearing the answers as I am in the market for a pair and have no clue what to get.
Michelle
Scott William
on 4/26/09 4:48 am
I am in a Nike something right now.  I don't really like them.  They hurt my arch.  My favorite have been the Asics Evolution.  The size has changed over time and I have not found the proper fit since the evolution 1.   My shoe store is small and there is not much inventory.  I kind of have to take what they have or wait for them to order.  I don't have the patients for that.

I have found that buying shoes on line to be tough unless I am getting the same exact shoe made the same year.  Even then, they are sometimes slightly different.  Good luck with your adidas. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MacMadame
on 4/26/09 5:59 am - Northern, CA
I am wearing Under Armour Cross-trainers. I bought them because they are shaped like my feet (i.e., like bowling pins) and also they give me a lot of support (I used to have plantar fasciitis and I don't want it to come back).

But I need to get new ones and I'm going to a real running store to get fitted for those. I am thinking about trying the Newtons.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 4/26/09 9:05 am - Baton Rouge, LA
I train in Newton Neutral Trainers and I race in Newton Neutral Racers.   Great shoes and I highly recommend them.  
MacMadame
on 4/26/09 1:06 pm - Northern, CA
Ooh, you have to show them to me! (I heard about them on The Age Grouper podcast.)

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

levittown_loser
on 4/26/09 9:50 pm - Levittown, PA
Asics Keyanos 13's here.  I love them!   Why do you prefer Adidas?

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Darrell H.
on 4/27/09 8:44 am - Sinton, TX
This a probably a silly answer to why I like Adidas, but here it is. I am a high school football and basketball coach and this is what I have always ordered for my teams and I just like the feel of them. I have several pairs of Adidas running shoes, but none were bought specifically for running. I currently run in megabounce. Adidas just seems to be the brand I prefer. My fellow coaches always ask if I am getting paid by Adidas or if I own their stock. I wear Adidas all the time.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Heavenlydelight
on 4/27/09 5:31 am - Houston, TX
Click to Zoom         adiSTAR Ride With an even more luxurious and responsive fit and feel, the adidas adiSTAR® Ride keeps ahead of the running shoe competition with 360-degree CLIMACOOL® ventilation and the combination of GEOFIT™ and FORMOTION™ technologies for the smoothest ride ever.  
  • FORMOTION™ adapts to the ground to ensure the smoothest, most comfortable run possible
  • CLIMACOOL® provides 360-degree cooling for the entire foot
  • GEOFIT™ construction for anatomical fit and comfort
  • adiPRENE®+ in the forefoot maintains propulsion and efficiency
  • TORSION® SYSTEM for midfoot integrity
  • adiWEAR® outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability; Blown rubber outsole for cushion and lightweight grip
  • Imported
I have only had them for 1 week but so far so good.
Most Active