Saturday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 4/25/09 5:16 am
I ran a 5K race this morning.  It was two minutes slower than last year for the same course but that makes sence since I am about 15 lbs heavier and and a lot under trained.  The funny thing is that I think I ran harder than any race I have ever run but with out the fitness, the time just wasn't there.  I am really happy with the result considering.

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
saxman007
on 4/25/09 8:52 am - Port Huron, MI
 Well, 
I just got my butt kicked by one of my students, lol.  It's our musical weekend at school and we have a matinee and a performance in about 10 minutes.  Anyways, one of our track girls went out with me.  We did 4.5 miles, we averaged 9:14/miles BUT the first one was @ 8:14 and I was toast the rest of the run.  It did me good, but I'm sore now!!!
Still thinking if I'm smart I can do 8:30/miles for around 25:30 for the 5K next Saturday
Got to go start this thing
--Dan
Cassie W.
on 4/25/09 12:13 pm
I did an easy 4 mile run and then went for a short 2-mile bike ride with my son.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Scott William
on 4/25/09 1:20 pm
I can also add in a 2.5 mile walk through a nice state park at sunset.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
playwithzoe
on 4/26/09 2:16 am

Nada - felt like crap, so gave the body a rest.  I had headache ever since I hit the wall hard at mile 3.5 during my 4.5 mile run on Friday.  Can't believe I hit the all on such a short run but I most definitely did.  I've been doing a Wheat and Sugar detox and I went running with pretty much no carbs eaten prior and only about 300 calories ran at 3:15 PM so I guess I just didn't have enough fuel.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 4/26/09 6:05 am - Northern, CA
I played hooky from my "New to the Sport" workout and went to a function at my kid's school.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kevin A.
on 4/26/09 6:40 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I went cheer a friend on that training for the L.A. Marathon on her 26 mile run. I ended up running/walking the last 4 mile with her group! Feels good to be able to jump up and run at a moment notice!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active