Thursday Workouts & A PR To Boot.......

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/23/09 5:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

Another glorious day in paradise! 80 and breezy... maybe too breezy to ride (15-20mph winds).
I went to the gym this morning with 1 thing in mind..... A 1600 Meter Swim (Which I did), and a PR on the dreadmill for a 5k in prep for my sprint tri this weekend. Well I got it!!!  21:29 for a 5K.... Average speed 8.6 average pace, just a hair over 7:00 p/ mile.....At that pace my heart rate was 158 BPM, which tells me I was only at about 75% - 80% of max (According to Vo2 Max). I am going to shoot for 20 minutes or less on the 5k run portion of the tri. So, my swim time for 300 meters from start to chip time reader will be under 4:30, my bike I am hoping to pace at 22MPH for 14 miles giving me about 35 minutes in the saddle, if I can pull off a 20:00 5K plus 2 minutes for transitions.... It will give me a total time of about 1:02:00... If I get that, I will be on top of the world.... Wish me luck.

What did you do today???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 4/23/09 6:30 am - Port Huron, MI
Way to go Dan, looking forward to that race report!

Been long days at work.  Finally got out tonight for a run -- just did a 2 mile sprint -- Did it in 17:30.  Considering I've only been able to do 1 other run in the past week I'll take it.  Looks like I get a 5K next weekend.  Hoping to be able to force myself to keep going and get it done under 26.  
Can't wait for the weekend to get back to my workouts, man have I missed them!

mistiimichelle
on 4/23/09 8:51 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
 Dan, Congrats!

Good luck on your sprint tri this weekend!

Rest day for me.

Michelle
Seht
on 4/23/09 9:29 am
Congrats you guys, those are awesome times.  Your average pace is my max sprint right now.  That gives me something to look forward to. 
Last night I decided to add in some speed work.  Man it sure cut into the distance I could run.
It felt like a good workout, but when I was done, I felt like I had cheated or something.  I only ran half as far as I normally do.  I think it is the first time I actually would consider myself to have been running.  The rest of it is different shades of jogging.

Good luck on the sprint tri this weekend.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Vicki PNW
on 4/23/09 1:25 pm
1 hour group class called "Group Active" that involves 1/3 step, 1/3 lifting barbells, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on dreadmill, averaging 3.0 mph at zero incline.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
10 minutes on stair stepper.  Climbed 29 floors.
10 minutes on stationary bike. 
10 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

playwithzoe
on 4/23/09 2:16 pm
Today's Exercise

5 min warm up

30 minutes of high intensity circuit weight training (my heart rate was mostly in my aerobic and my anaerobic zones) with personal trainer.

10 minutes of core/abs

25 minutes of high intensity interval sprinting on treadmill (heart rate in my anaerobic or max heart rate zones)

5 minutes cool down

10 minutes of stretching.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Elisa K.
on 4/23/09 9:27 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 7 mile run after work.  What a georgous day - it was perfect running weather!  I can not tell you how happy I am that Spring is finally here! 
MacMadame
on 4/24/09 5:21 pm - Northern, CA
Did a group bike ride. Took about an hour to do 14 miles... my legs still haven't recovered from last week, I think.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active