I need to Excercise

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/09 5:01 am
Why can't I ever feel like excercising?  I'm frozen stuck at one weight and the nurse is convinced thats why I'm not losing.  I'm done 60lbs since my lap band surgery.  I just don't feel like excercising, what is wrong with me?

I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I commute an hour to work, then get home by 5:00, then I have school/studying to do everynight, so it's hard for me to find time, but I have to admit I use that as an excuse.

I need a kick in the but.
Seht
on 4/23/09 5:39 am
Well if you want a kick in the butt...

Why did you have this surgery if you aren't going to give it everything it needs.  You let someone cut you open and rearrange the way your body works by putting a foreing object into your body and restricting normal body functions.  This is basically the same question I have asked myself.

There, kick in the ass over......

Now, on to something a little nicer.

I see that you have a long day, and have a lot on your plate.  I'm sure that plays into you not feeling like working out.  You don't have many hours left in  your day.  Have you tried just walking at work during your lunch?  Any exercise is better than no exercise.
You know that you are using it as an excuse, but just because it is an excuse doesn't make it any less valid or true.

I actually find I have more energy when I work out.  If I miss a day or two I feel sluggish and lack energy.  It took a while to get to this.  At first it just made me tired.  More work, more exercise etc.  But now it has become routine.  It is a part of my day just like brushing my teeth.  It is just something I do daily.

There are a lot of people here who exercise much more than I do, and they are an inspiration to me.  I hope to get to their level at some point.  But the fact that you want to put effort, of any level into it is admirable.  Now you just have to decide to do it.  Nobody can make that decision for you.

Good luck, I hope you find some time in your day and that you grow to enjoy it.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/09 8:19 am
Thanks and you are abosutly correct on everything.  I do walk to and from work and I do walk from time to time during lunch when I get a lunch...LOL and I live in Chicago, weather isn't the greatest.

Thanks for the kick...wish you lived closer to make me excercise I need an excercise buddy.

saxman007
on 4/23/09 12:25 pm - Port Huron, MI
 You live in Chicago -- you've lost all my sympathy!!!  Was there just last weekend, what a great park system for exercising.  I was drooling over those paths on the lakeshore!  I'm sure there's got to be a way to get into some kind of group for at least a weekend walk/run + a mid-week group.  I know when I do group stuff it's easier to get out there and get doing things.  Maybe check out one of the local running stores (assuming you're open to walking/running).  I know the ones around here offer groups for everyone from beginners to marathoners.
As far as the weather I live about an hour north of Detroit so we're dealing with the same weather.  You get used to it and you'll realize that there's a lot more great exercising weather than you think!  45 and a slight drizzle can actually be great running weather
--Dan
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/09 12:36 pm
well I live in a sub of Chicago, and those paths in summer you get run over on.LOL....

I went to the health club tonight and I joined...started off just 2 miles on the treadmill, but it's a start, have an appointment tomorrow with a free trainer for one time.  Hoping to do water areobics too.  So we will see, I feel good when I leave, it's just getting there.
MaryS
on 4/26/09 12:25 pm - Long Island, NY
When it is hard getting there - keep reminding yourself that you feel good when you leave. I found that I've never regretted exercising; but I have regretted not exercising.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 7:45 pm

Good point, I like that saying I'm going to use that one!

I joined a Gym on Thursday and have been everyday so far.  I walk for 2 miles on the treadmill and bike for 2 miles....yesterday I started some of the other "weight" machines.  Tonight I'm shooting for the water aerobics class then a walk.

I find going to the gym nice, a break from my "routine".  Plus I seem to work out a little longer since "people are watching me".  

Thanks for the words!

MacMadame
on 4/26/09 12:57 pm - Northern, CA
On April 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM Pacific Time, Tbear877 wrote:
Thanks and you are abosutly correct on everything.  I do walk to and from work and I do walk from time to time during lunch when I get a lunch...LOL and I live in Chicago, weather isn't the greatest.

Thanks for the kick...wish you lived closer to make me excercise I need an excercise buddy.

So you are exercising!

Now you just need to build on it. When I first started, I was lucky to get to the gym 1 or 2 times a week. But every week I just started doing more until I got up to five times a week, for about 6.0 hours in total. But I didn't start there.

It doesn't have to be at the gym either. Anything that moves your body counts!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 7:47 pm
thanks for the wrods...I joined a gym Thursday and have gone everyday....I like it.   Let's hope i can keep it up.  I go for anywhere to an hour to an hour and a half a day.
Most Active