Swimmers?

BoxerGirl08
on 4/21/09 2:27 am - Canada
Hey guys,

This is my first time posting here, but I'm big into swimming. I do about 70 laps a day, it takes me an hour but i still think for my weight its great. I try to push myself to do a couple more laps each day I always try to keep it under an hour though. I would love to hear from those of you who swim. How you got your endurance up. I know in one hour I'm burning about 850cals. So i cant go wrong.

-J

Surgery 3/17/2009
Surgery weight 277
Current weight 202
Goal weight
Total lost so far: 75lbs

7.75cc's in a 9cc band
"Starting to gain control in a world full of chaos!"

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/21/09 2:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
70 laps a day???? do you mean lengths? length is one time up, a lap is up and back. Are you swimming in a 25 yard or meter pool? I am guessing you are doing about 1750 yards (35 laps or 70 lengths) in 1 hour, which is deff not bad! Good for you.... I swim 2+ miles (3200 meters) 5 x p/ week and love swimming myself. You don't have to lengthen your distance to get a more effective swim. Try working on sprints, shorter sets... Rather than 1 big 1750 yard swim. Work on kicks, work with paddles, work with pull buoys, they will help strengthen you and will help you get more efficient and faster. Aside from myself, there are a lot of triathletes that post here regularly. Stick around and get to know us, a cool bunch, welcome. FYI Chad (AKA Kipduran) just finished a 70.3 half ironman a few short weeks ago, Sherry Berry finished 3 Full 140.6 Ironman, MadMadame just finished her 1st Olympic distance Triathlon along with Scott (Seht) who has done quite a few Tri's this past weekend, and I am doing 4 half Ironman this year along with 1 Full Ironman. You are in good company....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 4/21/09 2:47 am
Welcome to the board, congrats on all that swimming.

I need to work myself up to that.  I like swimming, and I don't recall it being this hard as a kid.

It's definitely a good workout.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

BoxerGirl08
on 4/21/09 2:54 am, edited 4/21/09 2:56 am - Canada

The pool is 65 feet x 24 feet and i do about 70+ *lengths. I'm not at all tired when i get out so i try to push myself as much as possible, i dont have more than an hour to spend in the pool every day so that is why I'm trying to push the # of my lengths and still keep it under the hour. About 4 time a week i do 70 lengths in the morning and then 70 lengths after work. I also box about 6 times a week so its an hour swimming then an hour in the ring. So my schedule is maxed out right now between working swimming and boxing. You guys sound like a great bunch and tons of motivation here which is what is lacking everywhere else. Thanks for your response.

-J

Surgery 3/17/2009
Surgery weight 277
Current weight 202
Goal weight
Total lost so far: 75lbs

7.75cc's in a 9cc band
"Starting to gain control in a world full of chaos!"

victoria R.
on 4/21/09 11:27 am - goose creek, SC

Hey
A boxer in the house, alright. I like that! I like to box myself but it's limited to my garage.  I think you're doing great with your swimming, keep it up.  Welcome to the board, there are many wonderful folks here who will definitely motivate you.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active