Pre-race Report Ice Breaker Triathlon & post race recap

mcarthur01
on 4/19/09 11:27 pm - Cumming, GA
great reports!  can't wait until i can start posting some of my own later this year...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

kypdurran
on 4/19/09 11:40 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job Scott and way to brave that cold a$$ water!   70 degrees is cold for me so I can't imagine what at temp in the 50s must feel like!  Sounds like you put everything together and had a great race buddy.  

You were way too nice in the water.   While I've never been a jerk and swam over people or grabbed them I do hold my own now.  If you come up to a slower swimmer tap them on the foot and the correct protocol is for them to move out of your way.   Now, I've had pretty much everything you can imagine happen to me in the drink.   From being kicked, swam over, swam under, pushed out of the way and more.  My favorite is when I had a dude grab my ankle, pull himself over the top of me and then kick off my shoulders like my shoulders were the side of the pool or something.    Remember, the swim is pretty much anything goes.  It's a UFC brawl without the tapouts and submissions.  :) 

saxman007
on 4/20/09 1:23 am - Port Huron, MI
 Great job and great report!!  I'm thinking Lake Huron will get to the low/mid 50's in early May and I can start doing some open water swims then, glad to know that it's doable at least.
--Dan
Linn D.
on 4/20/09 7:02 am - Missoula, MT
Way to go Scott!!!

I'm as proud of you as you are about finishing the run without stopping to walk!  It means a lot.  Sorry about all the pre-race issues, but very glad you made it.

Linn
Most Active