Saturday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 4/18/09 3:06 am
I went on a 3.5 mile hike this morning.  I should bring a camera next time and take some pictures.  Beautiful boulder field.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/18/09 3:26 am - Fort Worth, TX
Well this morning we wanted to get in a full half ironman training session, but with inclimate weather and thunder and lightning looming, it was not meant to be. Here is what we did do:

Swam 1.2 miles: 36:45

Bike: 41.2 miles: 2:01:35  Averaged 20.1 MPH (I raised my saddle 1 1/2 inches and WAY more power!!! I still think there is room to go higher and take 1 spacer out of my bars. I will keep playing with it...

Run: 45 minute "Brick" ... Wanted to do way more, but I AM SO SICK of running on the treadmill.

So, anyways, a good training day and I will be ramping up for 2 more weeks for 70.3 in Orlando, FL in 4 weeks, then taper.

I have a sprint tri next weekend I am hoping I will mop up the Clydes division. We will see.... Have a good weekend everyone.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 4/18/09 10:54 am - Dacula, GA
dan...why are you running on the dreadmill?

I swam 2000M today. that's all.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/19/09 3:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Because I don't wanna get hit by lightning!!! Aside from that, The chiro and I are still trying to figure out why I am experiencing knee pain after 3-4 miles of running. He thought it was linked to a slightly bulgin disc but he gave me some excercises to work on and it helped a bit. I thought it was an IT band deal.. Still TBD. I had a visit Friday with him, and he did some ART on my hip flexors. I had clumps of Fibroid build-up and it felt great to get that gone! I have been running inside because I don't want to be 5 miles from home and then realize I cant run anymore and then have to make "The call" or walk home. Hopefully, at my follow-up this week, we will remedy the problem. If not, I don't care... I am going to PR at Orlando HIM and BIOFREEZE will be my friend.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 4/18/09 2:13 pm - Northern, CA
I checked out the bike course at ICE Breaker. 6.5 miles. It wasn't that bad either, not nearly as bad as I was led to believe.

The water wasn't too bad either. I bet it will be colder tomorrow though.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 4/18/09 9:24 pm
Today was a 7-mile run...3.5 miles at 9:51 to set out the cones to mark the route for my 15K training group and 3.5 miles at 12:02 with my new runners.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

saxman007
on 4/19/09 12:51 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Only day I got any running in during my Chicago trip.  It was so beautiful out and seeing all the great running/biking areas downtown I was just envious.  Anyways, got a good solid 5K on the treadmill -- did it in under 27 with a nice slow 1st mile (around 9:30).  Second mile was steady at 8:00 and the third mile I had 2 minutes @ 7:30 or under.  My first 5K I believe (if things work out) will be in 2 weeks.  Hoping to be in the mid to low 25:00's.
--Dan
Most Active