worried about bouncing while running

turtle829
on 4/19/09 8:00 am
Revision on 08/04/15
what can one wear to help you feel like you are not bouncing all over the place... not just the boobs but belly too... 90 lbs gone .. yea!   but I feel like I would be entertaining everyone around the track if I began to jog..

what do you guys do

thanks
Vick 
Elisa K.
on 4/19/09 8:18 am - Lumberton, NJ

I wear a good, very supportive sports bra.  I don't really have an issue with the rest of me bouncing - it doesn't bother me, or throw off my gate.  As long as 'the girls" are contained, I am fine.  If it bothers you, you can give compression tops and bottoms a try.

Good Luck!!

Cassie W.
on 4/19/09 8:28 am
I don't go anywhere without my shapewear (Underscore briefer from Penneys).  When I run, I typically use Under Armor compression shorts.  Keeps the bouncing to a minimum.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

victoria R.
on 4/19/09 12:35 pm - goose creek, SC

My bra of choice is Moving Comfort, it really supports well & for added support I wear a compression top or tank then compression shorts under my running shorts, skirt.  I don't like to bounce around either:)

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MacMadame
on 4/19/09 3:18 pm - Northern, CA
I have a Champions bra that comes in regular bra sizes and that helps a lot. The "S, M, L" thing doesn't work for me because if the band fits, there aren't room for the boobage and if the boobage fits, the band is way too big.

The only time the rest of me flaps is when I bike and that only started recently.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mcarthur01
on 4/19/09 11:14 pm - Cumming, GA
i wear compression gear top and bottoms, otherwise i have some loose skin that bounces and irritates the hell out of me.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

kypdurran
on 4/20/09 12:03 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Vick.  I can't offer advice on sports bras but compression (sleeved or sleeveless top and shorts), a size smaller than you usually wear, will do the trick.   UnderArmor and Nike Dri-Fit is what I wear to train and race.   Academy's BCG brand is good too but I find that the material starts to wear a bit quicker than UnderArmor and Nike.

Best of luck!

Chad

turtle829
on 4/20/09 2:41 am
Revision on 08/04/15
thanks for the heads up... I will check out your suggestions.

has anyone told you lately.... WOW to your before and after...

I will say it again... WOW..
congrats on your success and your inspirational

thanks
Vicki
Most Active