Inspiration (sorry kinda long)

mistiimichelle
on 4/15/09 10:45 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with

I am a fat chick! Yepper,  waiting for my RNY.  I have not had much support from my friends. I have a skinny fit friend that helps me out at the gym but doesn't understand the limitations that 125 extra pounds has on a persons body.  One of my closest friends is also having RNY and made the comment "maybe you don't need surgery" when I was thrilled to have dropped below 250lbs. and when questioned on our lack of time together she said " you are exercising all the time and in 'the zone', I'm not there right now"  Gee great friend! I was heart broken.  I have never pushed exercise on her.  and have my gym time over with by the time she gets off work in the evening.  I was feeling quite alone when it came to WLS + exercise together.

I visited OH to learn about the different surgeries, to meet people that have had the same surgeon that I will be having, or people that live in my area.  Recently I found this forum. I thought "holy ****!" they are way, WAY beyond me!  I can't post there.  We are like comparing apples to oranges!

After lurking here for a while, putting in a few posts, I have come to realize that apples and oranges are very similar!   We are just at different stages of the journey. We all have struggles and accomplishments.  None are less important, or more victorious, just different.

So that being said,

Thanks, everyone, for inspiring me! 

you have made a big difference in my journey!

Michelle
Linn D.
on 4/15/09 3:01 pm - Missoula, MT
Michelle,

I don't think there's one person on this board who has forgotten where they started.  Exercise is the one thing that can help your health regardless of your weight.  As long as you keep it all in perspective, every accomplishment is worth the effort.

Linn
MacMadame
on 4/15/09 3:17 pm - Northern, CA
I'm glad you've figured out we all start somewhere. Not everyone figures that out.

When I first got here, I would post my measly "30 min, treadmill" in the daily exercise threads while other people were working out for hours, doing really hard stuff, and sometimes felt kind of lame. But slowly I've gotten so I can work out longer and harder and faster and you will too!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 4/15/09 8:56 pm
Michelle,

You are already ahead of the game because you have made the commitment to exercise and have recognized that the surgery is just one step in our lifelong journey. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 4/15/09 10:21 pm - Long Island, NY
Michelle,

Great job on getting started with exercise. As you already know, it is good for you in so many ways, and exercising now while make your recovery from surgery that much easier.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Seht
on 4/16/09 1:17 am
Welcome to the board, and congrats on your decision to exercise.
It's great to see a new face!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

bananna62
on 4/16/09 8:58 pm - Prescott, Canada
RNY on 07/01/09 with
Hi Michelle..maybe there are more issues there than meet the eye..you said she also was going for RNY? Maybe she's having problems dealing with some of her issues.. a little envious of your commitment to exercise as well as your weight loss and her feeling like she's not in the zone...meaning she's feeling like a bit of a looser? Maybe she said the comment "maybe you don't need surgery" because you are doing so well right now... she's just not thinking about the over all struggle... Just a little green perhaps??   Hang in there..people say things in defense for many different reasons..and her comments sound defensive to me...if only we could figure it all out !  Good for you..keep it up..and smile !
P.S. I hope the word green comes out green..My computer sucks.. my colour is all screwed up..everything looks blue and brown..ugh ! lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgNX7W1/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wgNX7W1/weight.png[/img]

bananna62
on 4/16/09 9:00 pm - Prescott, Canada
RNY on 07/01/09 with
Sorry..just to add another bit...is she on OH? If not maybe she should be...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgNX7W1/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wgNX7W1/weight.png[/img]

Karen H.
on 4/16/09 10:44 pm, edited 4/16/09 10:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/03/09 with
i am on OH and i am not green, perhaps if she has issues with me she could discuss with me, not on a public forum.

mistiimichelle
on 4/18/09 1:22 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
Oh my sweet Cornelious......
  if you read my post you will see that I was commenting on the inspiration I am getting from this particular forum at a time when I am feeling very alone.  It is what it is.  I did not say anything negative about you, except that you broke my heart. Please do not read more into it than what is there.
Michelle
Most Active