Wednesday workouts

Seht
on 4/15/09 7:27 am
So what's on the schedule for today?
My goal is 4 miles without stopping.  This will be a first for me.
I have done several 5k's on the treadmill, and I decided it's time to go out of my comfort zone.
So I'm shooting for 4 miles on the street tonight after work.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mistiimichelle
on 4/15/09 9:50 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with

Good luck on your 4miles Scott!  I know how hard it is to leave our  "comfort zones".

I am recovering from a bout of food poisoning, bless my Mom, she  didn't mean to make 12 of us horribly sick to our tummies! Although I drank about 5cups of water today at work I am still somewhat dehydrated. I can't seem to get enough! lol

I did 50min on the treadmill, about 35min of that my normal 3.6mph, the other 15min slower! 

LOL, funny I feel like I am flying when I walk, then I see someone on the treadmill going "my" speed and think, wow, is that ever slow!  

Getting healthy while waiting for RNY
Michelle

Seht
on 4/15/09 10:13 am
I hope you recover quickly.  Food poisoning is terrible.
You don't feel good and you still put in 50 minutes.  Way to work through it.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 4/15/09 10:23 am
I had such a good run Sunday on the trail that I returned after work for my 8-mile run.  I was hoping to cruise along at marathon race pace, but I couldn't seem to maintain a steady pace tonight.  Here are my mile averages:

1-9:27
2-9:02
3-9:13
4-9:43
5-9:27
6-9:59
7-9:48
8-9:29

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

saxman007
on 4/15/09 11:52 am - Port Huron, MI
 Just got back from our masters swim.  It was a little bit of an easy night, seemed like a lot of talking between sets.  The lifeguards were doing a inservice and swimming their laps too.  At the end we did a race against them.  I lead off our team and I stayed within 5 yards of their lead-off swimmer.  I was pretty happy with that as she was a good swimmer -- I'd guess we were around 40" for the 50 yards.  It's coming, next week will be a long week at school but I think I'll be able to get into the pool at least 3-4 times before school
--Dan
Vicki PNW
on 4/15/09 1:50 pm
3 rounds of circuit training, working with weight-resistant machines.
15 minutes on stationary bike. 
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike. 
30 minutes power-walking in neighborhood. Weather: overcast but dry in 50s.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

MacMadame
on 4/15/09 3:13 pm - Northern, CA
I did my Wed. swim workout. I'm still the slowest. That's because all the people who show up who are slower than me never come back another week. Wimps!

Anyway, I accidentally got there way early so ended up swimming 90 min. and did 2100 m.

Hmm. Aren't I supposed to be taking it easy this week?

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linn D.
on 4/15/09 3:25 pm - Missoula, MT
I wanted to run 40 minutes this morning.  Runs have been hard lately so I was glad I managed.

I used 6.7 as a base pace and added 1-minute intervals at 7.5 every 10 minutes (4 of them).  Managed 4.54 miles.

Linn
panhead58fl
on 4/15/09 5:00 pm - Barboursville, WV
Walked 2 miles during my lunch break. This evening I hit the treadmill and walked 1/2 mile to warm up ran 5 miles then 1/2 mile walking to cool down. I always start out slow and try to end up at about a 7:30 or better pace. The last 5K I ran in 23:19 so my goal for the next one is to break in to the upper 22 minute range.

Ouch! my right leg just heard that and started to cramp.

pan head
Most Active