Wii fit questions/recommendations:

Cheryl N.
on 4/16/09 6:36 am - Des Moines, WA
I am getting a little bored with the wii fit cd that came with the board.  I have seen a few different wii for working out.  Jillan Michaels', adventure something, etc..

What do you use other than the cd that came with the board?  Any recommendations? Good or bad...

Working on doing more strength trainig via wiifit, and I do love the hupa hoop/step aerobics, but its same old same old.. will they let us unlock more step aerobics or is there only 2? 

thank you!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/09 8:09 am - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 10/23/12
I am SO glad you posted this! I recently bought a Wii and a Wii Fit. I totally have not exhausted everything on the disc yet, but it seems like there will be a point where you can't really do much more!

I would also really like to hear what others are doing!
MacMadame
on 4/16/09 9:42 am - Northern, CA
Jillian Michael's game has gotten horrible reviews. I bought My Fitness Coach but it doesn't use the board. But it got great reviews.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Lisa O.
on 4/16/09 12:12 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
I like the 10 minute boxing and the advanced step aerobics.  The boxing might be hard because you have to follow verbal commands, but they also demonstrate the arm and foot work as you go. 
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

pandoralsu
on 4/17/09 1:27 am - Hahnville, LA
VSG on 11/11/13
I have Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum, and I like it.  However, it's difficult to register movements and I only use the two wii remotes instead of the balance board with it.  I also have Wii Ski, which it fun but not really exercise.  I've heard good things about My Fitness Coach.  I would check that out.  I LOVE BOXING on the Wii Sports CD- a great workout!  I went pro pretty quickly though and got bored with it as well.
January 16, 2009 - Lap-Band (9cc)  Dr. Todd Belott - West Jeff Medical Center
http://www.sclaweightloss.com/
353/292/180/150
HW/SW/CW/GW
Rachelena
on 4/20/09 2:16 pm - Hicksville, NY
VSG on 10/18/10 with
I have My Fittness Coach.... I am LOVING it!!!! I highly recomend it but as mentioned about it does not involve the Wii Fit Board.

Looking for a great time in NY! Come to the OH Long Island Conference 2011! Use Coupon Code LebowitzNY11 for $30 off and a free t-shirt and tote bag! All proceeds will be donated to the OAC
Bariatric Revisionary

Lifeski
on 4/21/09 2:58 am
There is a new program coming out for Wii Fit in May called EA Sports Active which it appears will use provided bands and will allow a planned full workout.  I had my husband pre-order for Mothers Day.
MelissaRNCLNC
on 5/30/09 2:35 pm - Commerce, CA
I also have the Wii Fit, Jillian Michaels and My fitness coach.  They were OK but I was not real thrilled with them.  What I am thrilled with is the NEW EA Active game that just came out with resistance band, a thigh strap to put the numchuc (SP?) in to keep track of your leg work as with the squats etc.  It is a 30 day personal virtual trainer, its a different work out each and every day.

My 14 year old daughters LOVE It, whatever it takes to keep the family MOVIN"

Melissa
Most Active