new first for me

Seht
on 4/15/09 12:33 pm
4 miles without stopping.  I was all over the place with my pace.  I'll have to take a closer look at it, but it averaged between 10-11 min miles with some down in the 8 and some up in the 12.
I'll know for sure when I upload it tomorrow.

Have a great night, and thanks for all the recent support and encouragement.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 4/15/09 2:55 pm - Missoula, MT
Great job, Scott!

Every new accomplishment is a GREAT feeling!

Linn
MacMadame
on 4/15/09 3:14 pm - Northern, CA
Wow, that's great! I can go for 4 miles now but no where near 8 min miles. I'm happy if I can keep it under 12.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 4/15/09 10:52 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Good deal Scott.   That's a great accomplishment man.  

If you are going for endurance don't worry so much about how fast you are going but rather what your heartrate is.   The speed with come as your 'engine' tunes itself.  It took a long time for me to transition from constantly worrying about my pace to just running exclusively by heartrate but once I did I became a much more efficient runner.

See you at Wildflower?

MelissaM39
on 4/15/09 11:50 pm - MI

Way to go Scott!  That's fantastic!  I'm at 3.5.  I agree with just runnin for heartrate.  At 3.5 I average 167 for my heart rate and 5.5 mph.  Not record breaking but consistent.  That's wonderful that you hit the 4 mile mark.  Now I'm inspired! 

Seht
on 4/16/09 5:44 am
Wow I really was all over the chart on my speed.
I wasn't trying to go fast, and nobody is ever going to acuse me of being fast that's for sure.
I wanted a nice slow steady pace so that I could maintain and finish the 4 miles without stopping.

Motionbased

Everywhere from 5.6 to 9.3 mph, must have been a good downhill section for the 9.3 ;-)
I need to remember to bring the heart rate strap to work for my after work runs.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active