Who's going to Wildflower?

MacMadame
on 4/15/09 5:37 pm - Northern, CA
Besides me and Chad.

Yeah, I signed up. I can't believe I'm doing this, on the one hand, but on the other I feel like I can do it.

The Sprint race on Mountain Bikes filled up and I heard the Olympic course was close to filling up, so I just did it. Plus a camping pass for Fri-Sun.

But boy was that a hit to the pocketbook! Maybe I need to get some sponsors too. Heh.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 4/15/09 11:00 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

So you are in for the Oly?   Cool!  Can't wait to see you there.

I think Scott mentioned that he may go but he hasn't committed yet.

Seht
on 4/16/09 1:06 am
Not going to make it.  Can't afford it right now, and I'd never make it through the swim.
Bike = not a problem
Run = can always walk
Swim = call the lifeguards

Good luck you two, I'm sure you will both do great.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 4/16/09 2:06 am - Northern, CA
If you and your family want just come out, I have a tent that sleeps 6 and I'm going to be rattling around in that thing!

Yes, Chad, I'm doing the Oly course. My goal is not to be pulled from the course due to going over time. I aim small.

playwithzoe
on 4/16/09 2:36 am
You are such a stud!  You should get OH to sponsor you.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 4/16/09 6:20 am - Northern, CA
It would certainly help with the costs. Between the entry fee and the camping fee ... Ouch.

I'm saving all my favors for when it's time to fundraise for the Bike MS: Waves to Wine event though. Just thought I'd warn everyone ahead of time.

Sherry_Berry
on 4/16/09 11:00 am - Dacula, GA
Wait till you do an Ironman. 500+ for entry, 300 for bike transport. That doesn't include airfare or hotel
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/09 11:25 am - Island Heights, NJ
You ain't kidding!
My Travel/Entry/Housing/Shipping expenses for IMCdA thus far...
$2700!
That does not include the meals & incidentals for the family while we're there. (as well as all the freakin' finisher merch I'm gonna buy!)

Let's not forget all the money I've dropped this season on bike stuff, wetsuit, running shoes, tri shorts, etc.
Still 65 days left to spend more money...

I need a cheaper hobby
kypdurran
on 4/16/09 11:47 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Yeah dude I want to hear EVERYTHING about IMCDA since that's gonna be my first big dance with the 140.6 in 2010.   I was doing IMFL this year but had to move it after I got the invite to do the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater.   I moved my Florida registration to IMCDA 2010 because I couldn't find a 140.6 before or after that would allow me to train / recover in time.  

Can't wait to hear how you tear up that course!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/09 11:47 pm - Island Heights, NJ
Oh... I'll be giving a full CdA report a few days after, and you and I will most definitely talk about the ins & outs of the course, in detail, before you lay it down in 2010!

Congrats on the Clearwater / Media deal, by the way, brother!
I gotta be honest... I was a little jealous when I heard. My first thought was, "Hey, what about me?!?!"
Ha!

But, seriously... I can't think of anyone better suited to represent the WLS Triathletes than you, my friend.
Make us proud and show the world what we ex-fatties can do!

Most Active