Team 464 at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships

kypdurran
on 4/14/09 2:13 am - Baton Rouge, LA

You can prolly count me IN for 2011 for IMFL.    IMFL is officially OUT for me as of yesterday after I accepted the media slot for World Championship.   The Ironman guys set me up this morning to do the IM Cour d'Alene in Idaho in June 2010.  Dunno if I will get to do any other full courses in 2010 yet.   Will have to see how everything shakes out.   For now I'm concentrating with all my efforts on having the best race I can at World Championship.   I wanna make my family & friends, my pals at OH, and Ironman proud by having a strong showing and a great race.   Gonna have a national audience too so I would hate for portions of that to be focused on my race in the port-o-johns for the NBC broadcast in 2010.  :)

Heh, I also have to get over my fear of the Wildflower 70.3 that I have in... ummm...  20ish days!  :)   That race is gonna be a bugger!  If I can make it to the naked aid station then I can make it to the finish line.  I just hope it isn't a buncha dudes! 

saxman007
on 4/14/09 6:49 am, edited 4/14/09 7:59 am - Port Huron, MI
 From what I've read Wildflower is tough but you had a brutal one in N.O.!!! Just imagine howmuch  easier Clearwater should be after the heat of NO and the hills of Wildflower.   After doing those 3 70.3 I don't think you'll have any problem with the Cour d'Alene course!

Hmm, never heard about the naked aid station -- if it's girls they'll get you motivated to get there and if it's a buncha dudes, well they can chase you a little if you're going to slow
Can't wait to see the report and I guess I need to request some extra 'on-course' photos (maybe of an aid station or 2)
--Dan
kypdurran
on 4/14/09 9:06 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks man but Wildflower is epic compared to New Orleans.   New Orleans is flat as a pancake...   Actually, LOUSIANA is flat as a pancake!   It's hard for me to train and prepare for what's in store for me at Wildflower.  I've got a base that I've been building on since November and I have to just rely on that training to get me through this.   I'm pretty sure when I'm at mile 40 at the base of "Nasty Grade" I'll be wondering what the heck I'm doing out on that course.  :)  It's all good though because I have yet to start a race that I didn't finish.  If it takes me 10 hours it takes me 10 hours.   I'll fini**** and then go sit in a vat of ice for an hor or six.  :)

For the record I think the naked aid station is all women but I gues sit would be my luck this year we have a sausage fest.    Google "Wildflower naked aid station" and there are plenty of race reports but strangely no pictures...  Hmm...  It better not be a myth!  

mcarthur01
on 4/13/09 11:44 pm - Cumming, GA
awesome news!  best of luck to you while you train for the championships, i can only hope to acheive a fraction of your success both on and off the course.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

MacMadame
on 4/14/09 1:43 am - Northern, CA
This is so exciting!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Rob S.
on 4/15/09 2:47 am - DE

Great news!  Hard work really pays off.  Remember to finish the race first, and then go for the time.  Good luck and don't overtrain.
Rob

Most Active