Saturday Workouts......

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/11/09 4:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get my 1st Century ride in this morning, but it wasn't meant to be. I ended up getting in 75 miles in 4:03:03 Average pace of 18.4 mph. Wind on the way out and shifted just in time to have the same headwind the whole way home...LOVELY!!! My buddy said he knew a "Flat" ride we could do that would give us a smooth 100 miles, but I should have known he was full of it. at 35 miles in, look down at the garmin and find us on a 9% grade for 1/4 mile... Lovely! Then we get over that hill, and see an even longer hill that registered 11.5% on the "Your a moron meter". over the next 2 miles we had grades varying from 6%-10% and absolutely anialated our legs. My good buddy who showed us this route, ended up having to cut his ride short because he "bonked"... "Thanks for the meat grinder pal". (It's all in good fun). Anyways, my other buddy was getting sun burned really bad so we needed to swing by my house to get him some sun block. When we got to my house, we decided we were "done", so we will get after the century next weekend, and had a great ride none-the-less. I will proably go swim 2000M later today and make soup of myself in the Jacuzzi...

WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY????????????????
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 4/11/09 6:32 am
Not even close to a century ride, but I did get in an 18 mile ride this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 4/11/09 8:21 am - Northern, CA
I did an OWS followed by a 40 min. run.

We swam about 1800 yards. The tide was out so we could just stand up if we wanted to. A lot of people did, but I figured I better prove to myself I could do it, so after the first 200, I didn't.

I just got corrective goggles and they are awesome, btw. I can see when I swim!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 4/11/09 8:51 am
Today was an easy 4-mile run to loosen things up for 16 tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

mistiimichelle
on 4/11/09 1:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
this weekend has been bad! I haven'd gotten off my ass!
Well it is easter and I can be happy that I have had great times with my family and have not eaten nor bought any chocolate!
I am getting off my butt and going to the gym in the morning!
thanks for providing a place for me to be accountable for my actions!
All the best
Michelle

getting healthy while waiting for my RNY!
ChefRuss
on 4/12/09 6:03 am, edited 4/12/09 6:04 am - Folsom, CA
Wow,

I can't wait to be able to pound out some single track rides up in Tahoe. I'm starting to look at bikes. I'll wait till I'm under 300#'s. Thinking a Kona Hoss with some good rims.  Hiked all of the past 4 days. Today was a long one. My Polar says I burned 1490 cals in 2+hrs. feeling good. Down 35#'s in less than a month. Just enjoyed a 1/2 turkey less the top bread and 1/2 avacodo. Feels good to be tired. Masters and a nap is next. Still feeling uptight about going to a gym. I'll get up the nerve next month. Just busting it most days on the hills is working right now.

You're an insperation.

Thanks
jon1970
on 4/12/09 10:58 am
Ran 5.6 miles
PplAmanda
on 4/12/09 12:12 pm - Benton, AR
I went with my husband and his boy scouts on their 5 mile hike that ended up being more like 8 since the little buggers can't follow the markers. But was great fun!
Most Active