HELP..I AM SO SORE I CAN'T MOVE

iah_00
on 4/8/09 9:49 pm

Can someone tell me what I can do to be able to move? I started with my personal trainer yesterday and I woke up this morning and can not move my arms more than an inch or two with out MAJOR pain.  I woke up becuase of the pain and can not even bring my arms to my face and forget the idea of taking a shower or getting dressed.  I need to figure something out and I need to do it fast becuase I have a full day today, I go to school(have a meeting with an instructer), work and am a single mother!  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Sherry_Berry
on 4/8/09 10:13 pm - Dacula, GA
This is why I don't like trainers...they break your muscles down and you're useless for a few days.

A few things might help. PROTEIN! It will help rebuild your muscles.

Epsom salts bath.

Also-you'll hate me, but after I complete an Ironman triathlon and the following days (talk about muscle tears!) the best thing I can do is stay active. Walking...getting into cool water and moving will certainly help too. It will loosen things up.
iah_00
on 4/8/09 10:26 pm
thank you for the reply....i have been forcing my self to move them and try and strech but i am almost in tears doing it.  i will try the bath and the cool water thing...i have about 3 hours before my day MUST start.  Pray for me.

Scott William
on 4/8/09 10:30 pm
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SORENESS!

I agree with Sherry.  The trainers beat people down on the first day and make them never want to work out again.  If they eased people into the routine, there would not be nearly as much soreness and most likely, a higher success rate.

As you move along during your day you will loosen up a bit and you will make it through your day.  Try to remember that it is a good pain and that will help you throughout.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active