Thursday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 4/8/09 11:31 pm
I am still on the shelf as far as the weight training goes and I ran yesterday.  Today will be a day of brush burning what will burn a ton of calories but alas, I am not doing any "organized" exercise.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
mcarthur01
on 4/8/09 11:49 pm - Cumming, GA
45 minutes of weights (shoulders, back, and bi), 30 minutes of elliptical, 30 minuntes on the stairmaster, and 1600 meters in the pool (around 38 minutes, equal amounts of breast-stroke and free).
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

puddin2day
on 4/9/09 5:33 am - Los Angeles, CA
I will running for 40 -45 mins tonight.  I was supposed to do it this morning but I went to bed too late last night.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/9/09 9:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
I swam 1600m 26:59 and did 1 hour spin class followed by 30 minutes of stretching... I have an appointment with the message therapist and Chiropractor tomorrow and am hoping with an adjustment that I can run beyond 5 miles without knee pain.. I know it's IT band related or lower back pinched nerve related.. either way, looking forward to getting back up to 40-50 miles of running in a week.... Wish me luck at the Chiropractor....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 4/9/09 2:06 pm - Northern, CA
I'm trying to taper. I feel so LAZY though.

I did 20 min. on the stationary bike with a 2 min. cool down.

The interesting thing is, this is only 8 min. less than my workouts used to be when I started. And I thought I was doing quite well back then.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Vicki PNW
on 4/9/09 5:19 pm
1 hour group class called "Group Active" involving 1/3 step, 1/3 lifting barbells, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on treadmill, averaging 3.0 mph.  Started at 1.0 incline and increased incline incrementally to 5.0 after 5 minutes.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.
30 minutes power-walking in neighborhood. Weather: cloudy and threatening to rain.

Plan for Friday:
1 hour group class called "Group Power", a barbell program that strengthens all our major muscles with simple athletic movements such as squats, lunges, presses, and curls.
Work out on stationary bike and stationary recumbent bike.
Go shopping for sales on smaller-sized clothes and then go mall-walking if I feel up to it.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Elisa K.
on 4/9/09 9:07 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I didn't have a very good run.  My goal was 5 miles, I made just under 4.  My thighs and hip were killing me, and my stomach was not cooperating (I did make it home with both of my socks ). 
I was planning on replacing my running shoes next week, but I think I am going to do it tomorrow - I think that is causing the hip pain.

Most Active