Body bugg or similar device?

Amanda L.
on 4/9/09 12:17 am
Hi!  Does anyone on here use the Bodybugg or similar device to tract calories burned, etc?  If so, what do you use and do you like it?  I am tring to determine if it is really worth the cost of the body bugg or if I can find a less expensive alternative. 

Includes 10 lb pre-op loss.
playwithzoe
on 4/9/09 8:40 am
Hello, I have a body bugg but oddly I haven't used it since my VSG surgery.  I used it prior to my surgery. I haven't used it because I would need to pay for the website subscription.  When you purchase it, it comes with 3 months of the food and calorie tracking website. I like tracking on the daily plate.  But, supposidly you need to download the info to their website or else it gets full or something, I don't know it doesn't make sense.  I am thinking of getting it out again and using it.   It because my weight loss has been extremely slow for the amount of exercise and calories I burn vs. consume.  I base what I am burning from heart rate during exercise + the sedentary BMR for my hgt/wgt.  So I'd like to see if my body bugg comes up with a much lower number of calories burned.  Should be interesting.  The one thing the boddy bugg is missing in their over all calculation is heart rate, I think if it took that into consideration as well as the other things it measures it would be really accurate.   My body bugg is kind of big and I don't like wearing it all the time, the new ones are smaller.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Most Active