I did it! I ran 1.6 miles without stopping!

Becca Tennill
on 4/8/09 12:48 pm
Today I ran 1.6 miles without stopping! My goal was to run  a mile and I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. I just kept praying as I ran, "God, please help me to do this. Give me the strength." I just kept pushing myself. Once I ran a mile I felt the energy I still had in me and just kept going until I ran 1.6 miles. Then I walked the rest of that mile to cool down. When I got back in the house I worked out on my weight machine for about 20 minutes and then stretched it all out. I can really feel and see my body toning all over. It is amazing how much stronger I am now then I was three and a half months ago when I had my surgery! I love that my kids are wanting to be active with me. My son ran the first mile with me. He wants to try out for track at his school. I say go for it!

Becca

saxman007
on 4/8/09 1:22 pm, edited 4/8/09 1:23 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Oh oh, it all starts with that first run!!!!  Congrats and glad that you enjoyed it.  Keep it up and just wait to see where you are in another 3 and a half months!!
--Sax
Oh yeah -- most of us started just like you and now we're thoroughly addicted, consider yourself warned
Becca Tennill
on 4/8/09 8:56 pm
Thanks for the warning . I hope I do become addicted, it felt great!

Becca

victoria R.
on 4/9/09 3:57 am - goose creek, SC
Becca
I remember my first complete 1 mile run last year.  So far this year I've completed 3 5k's a 15k a 10k 2 half marathons and a sprint triathlon.  I'm totally addicted to running events because they give me a goal to work towards & it keeps me in check knowing I have to be ready to go.  I'm so excited for you, congratulations :)

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

puddin2day
on 4/9/09 5:31 am - Los Angeles, CA

Becca,

Congratulations on running your first mile and a half.  Running can be very addictive indeed.  It is especially perfect when traveling.  All you really need is your shoes.

Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Seht
on 4/9/09 5:56 am
Congrats!  That is such a great feeling and deffinitely worth cheering for.

Best wishes on your future runs.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active