Ironman New Orleans 70.3 Race Report

kypdurran
on 4/9/09 1:10 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Doing Wildflower as your first tri would be TRULY EPIC!  :)  The 70.3 long course is supposed to be the toughest course in the country, maybe the world.  The combination of hills, wind and heat on the bike and run are supposed to be brutal.   I'm gonna LOVE it!  :)  
MacMadame
on 4/9/09 12:48 pm - Northern, CA
The Sprint distances don't look too bad on paper -- they are shorter than my first and last tri of the season will be -- but I haven't got a mountain bike and it's a mountain bike course. I just figured it would be too much to deal with learning all this stuff and also trying to switch between a road and a mountain bike.

Maybe I'll make it my first HIM.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Darrell H.
on 4/8/09 11:33 pm, edited 4/8/09 11:34 pm - Sinton, TX
Chad you are such an inspiration. You guys on this board have really been the driving force for my goals to start coming to reality. I have been doing the couch to 5K program with great success and have a goal to run in the Houston Marathon in January. I guess I am a softie as your accounts of the race at the end before you crossed the finish line really hit me. That is such a huge accomplishment yet it made me realize that all of the small accomplishments I have made are another rung up the ladder to the larger goals. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You and others have no idea how greatful I am to you all!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kypdurran
on 4/9/09 12:03 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks Darrell.   Honestly, I cherish my small goals just as much as my big ones.   My original goal list (http://www.team464.com/goals.php) is what got me through the entire process of the weight loss journey.   Being able to finally do stuff like bending over and tie my shoe or sitting in my truck without my belly touching the steering wheel were just as important to me as finishing Ironman New Orleans over the weekend.   It's ALL about the small stuff just as much as the big.   Cherish each and every little battle you win in the big war against obesity!  I still don't consider myself as winning the war yet.   My biggest battle, finishing the Ironman in October & November will when I can finally declare that I have won the war against obesity.   The moment that my foot touches the finish line mat and I hear Mike Reilly proclaim that, "Chad Soileau, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN" will be the moment that I can unequivocally declare that I have WON the war against obesity!  What a moment that will be!   I see it every time I train, it's in my dreams and I know it will happen. 

You are on the path.  Stick to your plan and you'll do great!  Best of luck on your journey!

Chad

kypdurran
on 4/9/09 3:32 am, edited 4/9/09 3:34 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Great picture of the last 100 yards or so to the finish line.   Every finisher got around 800 yards of this.

Most Active