Ironman New Orleans 70.3 Race Report

Elisa K.
on 4/8/09 2:21 am - Lumberton, NJ
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this report together.  I am truely inspired by your effort!!

Congratulations!!
MaryS
on 4/8/09 3:05 am - Long Island, NY
Chad,

Congratulations! As always, it was a great report. I am always amazed by the challeges everyone overcomes to finish the race.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

mcarthur01
on 4/8/09 3:33 am - Cumming, GA
Amazing story Chad!  You are really an inspiration to me as I am at the point of beginning training for 5K's and hopefully tri's.  I'm just over 5 months out from surgery and down around 160 lbs (431 to 270)... you and some of the other guys and gals on this forum are really helping me realize it is really possible to do these incredible things.  Thanks.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

kypdurran
on 4/8/09 3:44 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats on your success!  Set your goals and your dreams high because anything is possible! 

Heh, the motto on the back of my race jersey reads "Anything is possible if you TRI!"  :)

Sherry_Berry
on 4/8/09 8:34 am - Dacula, GA
Heya! I'm in Dacula! If you're interested in tri's or anything I'm a coach with the Atlanta Tri Club. Check out our website at www.atlantatriclub.com

Trust me...if you believe in yourself you can accomplish ANYTHING! I'm a 3-time Ironman.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mcarthur01
on 4/8/09 11:47 pm - Cumming, GA
Thanks for the info... i will definitely check it out.  Where do you train?
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Sherry_Berry
on 4/8/09 11:58 pm - Dacula, GA
We're all over town. There's an info session on Saturday night at Atlanta Cycling in Vinings.
MacMadame
on 4/8/09 3:34 pm - Northern, CA
Loved your report!

So you are coming out Seht's and my way for Wildflower, eh. We should all get together.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 4/9/09 12:09 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Definitely!   Are you close to Lake San Antonio?   I talked to Scott yesterday and he's trying to get it cleared with his wife to come out to check out the race.   Wildflower is not only a tri event it's a big festival where thousands of people come out to check out the bands and watch the race.   We're flying in on Thursday night late, staying in Salidas(sp.) then heading out early on Friday morning to go secure a camping site.   

I'd love to see you guys so lemme know what you wanna do.

Chad

MacMadame
on 4/9/09 1:00 am - Northern, CA
I think we're an hour away. Close enough.

Plus my FIL is giving us his RV this weekend and we want to an excuse to use it. I almost made the Wildflower my first tri, but I didn't want to deal with a Mountain bike when I was trying to get used to a road bike.

I'll figure out some logistics and get back to you.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active