Chad's on the bike at IM New orleans 70.3

kypdurran
on 4/5/09 12:28 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Hey guys.   Thanks for the well-wishes!  I just got home...   Heh, I feel like I've been run over by a truck right now.   It was an AMAZING experience and I learned some valuable lessons about triathlon economics which I'll go into in great detail in my race report.   I had my usual gastric meltdown on the run and spent close to 35 minutes in the port-o-joy but...  I finished...  with both socks.   :) 

Gonna write the report and post some pics tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

Chad

Sherry_Berry
on 4/5/09 7:49 pm - Dacula, GA
Just thinking out loud b/c we want you to have a good time at "the big boy."

Heart rate.

Have you had yours professionally tested to find out your lactate threashold, vo2, etc?

Once your HR gets above a certain level, you will have trouble digesting. that's one thought.

Also-don't know if you're an Infinit boy yet. The type of sugar Michael Folan puts in his product seems to sit better with me than gatorade or any other sugar stuff.

I've never done an M-Dot 70.3 race...but at the full distance their gatorade is way too strong and causes me to go WHOOPS!

I heard the water and gatorade was warm and there was no ice or sponges.

In a hot course I'll put Ice in my bra and on my hoo hoo to keep my body temp down. It helps me a lot.

You decide on gulf coast?
Sherry_Berry
on 4/5/09 7:49 pm - Dacula, GA
Oh...and do you get the monster on the bike or just the run? I have run issues. Bike I'm fine.
Most Active