Chad's on the bike at IM New orleans 70.3

Sherry_Berry
on 4/4/09 11:18 pm - Dacula, GA
His swim time was 47:35. Not bad as it's a CHOPPY lake! He'll make up time on the bike!
Sherry_Berry
on 4/5/09 3:04 am - Dacula, GA
He finished the 56 mile ride in 2:59 something!

Go chad go!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/5/09 6:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good Job Chad!!! Way to go on finishing your first half! Can't wait to hear the report.....I had a friend do Galveston today, Chad it was Ryan, my buddy who went with us on our ride when you were in town last month, and had a medical DNF due to stomach issues (It's not just us RNY'ers) and in warm-up swim on Friday got stung by a bunch of Jelly Fish!! Rough weekend. Anyways, good job on your finish!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kypdurran
on 4/5/09 12:31 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Aww man that sucks.    Lone Star is a great course too.    Tell him not to get down about it.   That stuff happens to the best of us and he can blast the next one he does.   He'll also be able to exact revenge on Lone Star next year too!  :)

Sherry_Berry
on 4/5/09 6:30 am - Dacula, GA
Chad...did you have poopy monster on the run?
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/5/09 6:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
More importantly, do you have more than 1 "Finisher's Sock?" Hopefully, 1 was not filled with blood from the gash you sustained last week, and hopefully the other was not chalked full of #2 lying in some grassy marsh on the run somewhere. Finally, we hope you finished with better than a "Bloody Stump" as it were.Good job again buddy!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kypdurran
on 4/5/09 12:36 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Heh heh.  Yeah, unfortunately.  I spent around 40 minutes in the port-o-joys on the run and was degraded to walking a mile / running a mile because I was spent when I got off the bike.   PLENTY of hard lessons learned today.

I have MUCH more respect for the long course now in the fact that it's now 9:30 and had today been Kona or Florida I would STILL be out on the run course AND be pushing the midnight cutoff to boot.   You da bomb for finishing the big boy!   I did the the 'little brother' today and while it was awesome it still put a whoppin' on me!

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/09 9:22 pm - Island Heights, NJ
Yeah Chad!

Just taking a moment outta my training schedule to pop in and say congrats on the Race.
I checked on IMLive yesterday and knew that you had potty problems as soon as I saw the run time... Way to suck it up and push through, brother! It ain't supposed to be easy... that's why they give you 8 1/2 hours to finish.

Hell, I look at it this way... If I'm gonna spend all this money on the race fees, bikes, shoes, wetsuits, etc... I'm damn well gonna get my moneys worth and spend as much time out there as possible.
Ha!

Rest & recover well, my friend!

-A.J.

Seht
on 4/5/09 10:40 am
Congrats Chad.

I'm looking forward to another enjoyable/entertaining race report.

Way to go man.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active