Thursday workout

Seht
on 4/2/09 1:15 am
Found a new gym that is 1/3 the cost of the old one, so I have a new place to workout again Yay.
Today is going to be 2 sets of upper body and abs on the circuit machines.  Maybe some time on the elliptical, but today is focused on resistance/strength training.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Dan T.
on 4/2/09 2:44 am - Logan, UT
Been sick all week with no energy at all.

Gonna try and ride the bike today see how it goes
Dan

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Vicki PNW
on 4/2/09 9:40 am, edited 4/3/09 10:01 am
1 hour group class called "Group Active" that involves 1/3 step, 1/3 lifting barbells, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on treadmill, averaging 3.0 mph.  Started at 1.0 incline and increased incline incrementally to 5.0 after 5 minutes.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.

I am very exhausted because I had to get up real early this morning for my ultrasound procedure.  I was NPO (except for water) after midnite.  I am definitely NOT a morning person!

PS: Walked 22 blocks to catch a bus for my appt instead of taking another bus and transferring.  Took 20-25 minutes.  Will allow for 30 minutes.

Walked a total of 12 flights of stairs at the campus where my appt was.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

saxman007
on 4/2/09 9:41 am - Port Huron, MI
 Holy crap do I LOVE my new bike!!!!  Had a mostly great ride today.  Went 27.47 in 1:29.  Averaged 18.5 with a decent cadence of 82 average. BUT On the way out I averaged 20.8 with probably an 8 mile stretch where I didn't fall below 20 mph, maxing it out at 27.6.  Coming back I really felt the wind (20 mph gusts) but I had a mini-bonk.  Ran out of water at about 1 hour and by 1:10 I was hurting.
Got to get one of those bottles for the aero bars as my frame only has 1 bottle cage.
Can't wait to get into nice weather and be able to get on my bike more than once every 2-3 weeks
--Dan
Elisa K.
on 4/2/09 10:10 am - Lumberton, NJ
Did a 6 mile run after work - boy, it kicked my ass!!  I felt sluggish, but checked my time, and averaged an 11:04 pace (that's good for me!) so I'll take it!!
victoria R.
on 4/2/09 11:12 am - goose creek, SC
I did an easy 30 minutes on the treadmill, then an hour core class & topped it off with an hour long cycling class.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MacMadame
on 4/2/09 5:53 pm - Northern, CA
That's great, Scott!

I decided it's been a long time since I did a really long run so I tried to run 4 miles in 45 min. Didn't quite make it, but I got close. I think I'll be there next week.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/3/09 12:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
Snuck out for a little workout.... 5k in 23:05  then swam 2000 m straight in 33:54...... was a lot of fun and should be back into the swing of things next week....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 4/3/09 12:47 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Damn man, are you part fish or something
Most Active