AFLAC Iron Girl Triathlon

theshyone
on 4/3/09 8:20 am
Hello .

I am a lurker on this board, however I wanted to  get advice. I have signed up to do the Iron Girl in Atlanta in June. This will be my first, and I think I am a little crazy. First I have to learn how to swim in the next couple mths. I have the basics down just could never figure out the breathing part . I am in the process of trying to find the proper bike. The running I am not concerned about b/c I currently do that already.

A little history about me I had gastric bybass 4/7/08. I have lost over 120 lbs. I work out a min. of 4x a week. I currently take spin, run treadmill, and cross trainer. Do you guys have any suggestions for me? How do you prevent yorself from getting dehydrated during the race. The triathlon is 1/3 mile swim, 18 mile bike ride, and 5k run if that helps. Any suggestion/advice would be appreciated. Also for the women what do you wear when doing a triathlon??

Thanks in advance.

Ronda
Sherry_Berry
on 4/4/09 3:44 am - Dacula, GA
Hey! I'm sherry-the poster girl on Dr. Steinberg's wall!
Where in Atlanta do you live? I'm in Gwinnett and work out at Lifetime Fitness on Sugarloaf.

You won't get dehydrated during the race if you hydrate well before and drink lots on the bike.
 Once you hit the run it's only a 5k. You should be hitting 2 water stops on the run course.

Are you going to the SE Multisport expo today? It's at the Concourse Athletic Club? I'll be there at the Atlanta Tri Club booth from 3-5.

I'm also a coach for the Atlanta Tri Club. There are 2 information sessions this week. One on Wednesday evening at Adamsville Natatorium on MLK downtown. The other is Saturday evening at our bike sponsor-Atlanta Cycling in vinings. My dad's in town, so I won't be at either this week.

I teach swim and spin with the club...check us out at www.atlantatriclub.com

I have a ton of tri clothes. I have a purple zoot tri top I'm willing to part with. Also a one piece team javelin tri suit.
Most Active