pre marathon meal

Seht
on 3/31/09 7:24 pm
hah a little over a year ago this would have been my ideal of a meal.  Heck I still have some of those old emotions that say, I could conquer this burger.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The West Michigan Whitecaps say they have no plans to put a warning label on an enormous new hamburger they're selling this season — despite a vegan advocacy group's request to do just that.

Susan Levin, a staff dietitian for the Washington-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, sent a letter to the Grand Rapids minor-league team on Tuesday. She's asking that the 4,800-calorie burger be labeled a "dietary disaster" that increases the risk of cancer and heart disease.

The 4-pound, $20 burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips — all on an 8-inch bun.

Whitecaps spokesman Mickey Graham says the burger is a gimmick that's being promoted as a very unhealthy menu item.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 4/1/09 1:50 am, edited 4/1/09 1:51 am - Port Huron, MI
 did you see the picture of that thing??  I could eat ALOT pre-op but I think that would've given me a run for my money (no pun intended)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weird-news/story/966896.html (tried to paste the picture directly in here but it didn't work, sorry)

Most Active