Supplement question

Seht
on 4/1/09 9:35 am
So who here is taking a supplement.  I have been considering Kona Endurance
http://www.dbmnutrition.com/

But I have a few questions:
I'm wondering if we would absorb this, or if we would just be producing expensive urine.
You know similar to b-12 needing to be injected or taken sublingually to get proper absorption.

Did you really see any improvement after taking a supplement regime? 

Does it help with your recovery or the energy you have during your workouts?

Do you take it daily or only on workout days?

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/1/09 12:47 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I take supplements.....

150 - 200 G of Protein
Creatine
glutamine
Nitric Oxide
Fish Oil (Omegas)
Flax Seed Oil
Anti-oxidant
B12
Calcium
Multi Vit

If I miss any of these, my body knows it! I strongly believe that they help with performance and recovery. Alot of it depends on what you want to do... Like gain muscle mass and weight, or trim down, longer endurance, etc.... I take my supps everyday reardless of workouts... You body does not build muscle WHEN you work out, it builds and regrows muscle after your workouts, several days later. That is why nutrition, rest, and supps are soooo important. It's funny to watch the guys in the gym finish a set of bicep curls and then start flexing in the mirror to see the results of the last set... wait about 2-3 weeks in fron of the mirror, and they might then see the results. IMHO... peace out.....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 4/1/09 3:05 pm
I'm taking the standard vitamins post surgery
2 multi vitamins a day
2 calcium a day
1 iron each day
2 b-12 both sublingual one spray one pill

I was interested in the other items you take like the fish oil, glutamine etc.

Thanks for the info, that will give me something to look into.

Appreciate the data.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 4/1/09 4:41 pm - Northern, CA
I'm taking some stuff myself that is supposed to be good for endurance athletes.

Fish oil
Flax Seed Oil
Co-enzyme Q10

in particular. I don't really know if it helps but I do know I was able to get quite far on pretty few calories and now that I'm closer to the end, I have needed more help with energy. I recently upped my protein to 110-120g a day and that helped too.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Elisa K.
on 4/1/09 9:54 pm - Lumberton, NJ

I take a lot of vitamins:

3 multivitamins
calcium
Vit D
potassium
magnesium
B- complex 125
B-12
omega 3 fish oil
iron
Vit C

My NUT had me start the omega 3 fish oil because I had dry skin after surgery (wasn't getting enough fat).  She also has me taking the C because it helps with the iron absorption, and the magnesium because it helps with the calcium absorption.  I started the potassium because I was getting charlie horses at night.  I'm not sure if all of this has helped with my endurance, but my hair, nails and skin have never looked better!!

bursonc
on 4/4/09 11:25 pm
I have been told to take Betagen (sp?) EAS brand after workouts to keep muscle from breaking down.
It is orange flavored powder / mix w/ water.  It tastes like Tang.

A trainer told me to use it, in addition to the other standards : vitamins, etc. already mentioned in other posts.
Most Active