I need this forum

tordum
on 3/28/09 3:50 pm - lakeside, CA
RNY on 04/03/09 with
Hello  I am older than dirt9(COMING CLOSE TO 70) and going to have RnY on 4/3.  I have been obese(CURRENT bmi = 34) nearly every day of my life - if not physically certainly mentally.  It has finally taken hold of my health and I have a hard time walking because my hip hurts, my lower back hurts, my knee gives out and my ankle tendons are screeching at me for lugging around this excess weight.  Reading some of your entries makes me laugh at life and how it plays itself out.  I need your humor and excellent help and ideas for getting me back on my feet and moving.  Dr. says wait until after surgery and she'll send me to physical therapy.  Being controlling, I want to start something on my own.  I know there are exercises I can do on the floor, in a chair, in my garden, out in the air.  I usually overdo things and end up feeling like a beached whale after up climbing 120 cliff stairs.  I'll be reading all of the entries in this forum, but if you can help me do the right exercise things to help my surgeon's job easier, I would appreciate helping him as much as possible since I'm the one counting on him to do his thing to my body.  Thank you all very much for an enlightening and enjoyable supportive group.

Tordum

Most Active