upper arms

Fluffymom
on 3/27/09 3:57 am - Elizabeth City, NC
This has probably been asked but this is my first posting here as I am FINALLY seeing change. So far I have lost just about 50 of the 120 I need to loose and my upper arms from shoulder to elbow are floppy (dreded batwing beginning) and lumpy. What exercises would help? I have free weights, bands but no money for a Y membership. Anybody got any good tips to firm up before I fly off?

THanks,
Barb
ViveArdenter
on 3/31/09 12:34 am - MI
I asked my trainer the same thing...this is his reponse to me...

The "bye-bye" arms are a lack of toning in the tricep...so let's work the tricep...

Ok, with the free weights (start low and increase with tolerance), take your arms over your head, keeping the upper arm vertical and the forearm parallel to the floor (90 degree angle)...Now straighten arm.  Focus more on precision than speed and do three sets of 12-15...Then one speed round at the end...

To judge the right weight:  At the end of the first set of 12-15 you should feel as though you can't do another...then rest for a full minute and repeat.  Again, at the end, you should feel as though you can't lift another, but not in a hoirrendous pain way, just a total exhaustion way...then rest full minute and repeat...and rest full minute and do the power round...
Most Active