on 3/25/09 6:01 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Ms. Shell,

Thank you so much.  Liz was awesome. 

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Seht
on 3/25/09 3:11 am
Way to go!
I'm glad you were able to work through all of the adversity and still complete the race.  It really says a lot for you and your running partner.

Congrats.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

puddin2day
on 3/25/09 6:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you, Scott.
I would have completed that race if I had to crawl on my belly across the finish line.  If Liz had not have been there, I would have just walked the whole thing.

Kim

MaryS
on 3/25/09 3:39 am - Long Island, NY
Kim,

What a great job! Kudos to you for having the determination to finish despite all your setbacks. You are an inspiration to me.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

puddin2day
on 3/25/09 6:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you, Mary. 

victoria R.
on 3/25/09 4:09 am - goose creek, SC
Kim
Great job, you finished even though you had to struggle, I've been there.  I've also had emotional episodes such as the one you described during some of my races.  Glad you had your good friend with you.  I can't wait to read your next report.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

puddin2day
on 3/25/09 6:10 am - Los Angeles, CA
Victoria,

Thank you for the encouragement.  I am just waiting for the soreness to subside so I can start running again.  Although I felt like I went through hell and back, I realized how much I missed running and the sense of strength and accomplishment that it had given me.

Kim

Kevin A.
on 3/25/09 4:24 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job Kimmie!!! I knew it was going to be a tough race when I heard you signed up!! But it goes to show running is 90% mental!! I hope you learned that training makes the races easier and more fun!! You very blessed to had a angel with you!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 3/25/09 6:04 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the congrats.  Next year you and Kirsten should do it.  You will both love it. 
Somehow , someway , I have to devise a "winter running plan" .  I never want to be "caught with my pants down" again.  As soon as the soreness subsides,  I will resume running on the regular again.

Kim

Cassie W.
on 3/25/09 6:47 am
Hi Kim,

I've missed you on the boards and am so impressed by your comeback story.   That first step is always the hardest and you tackled 13.1 miles of them.  You might consider spinning during the winter if you have access to a gym.  When I couldn't run due to injury, spinning protected my aerobic conditioning and minimized weight gain until I could get back on the road.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active