Monday, Bloody Monday Workouts.... (No Pun Intended Hawgman)

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/09 4:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys...

What did ya'll do today? I had Master's Swim class this morning from 5:30 - 7am. I think we did right around 3000 Meters or so... Did a lot of intervals, pulls, and was forced to used fins for the first time by my coach on some kick drills... CALF CRAMPS SUCK!!!! Anyways, weather sux bad outside so I will not be riding in the 30-40 MPH straight-force winds, knee is still a bit tender so no running, maybe I will go lift tonight... Yeah that sounds good! What did you do today???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 3/23/09 4:31 am
Bike to work 4.5 miles
Will do a 1 mile run after work
Bike home 4.5 miles

Trying to work on speed for my mile.
I finally broke a 10 minute mile last week (9:46) finally.  Now I want to work on improving the time.
I want to see what it is when I finally kick this cold.  I had been stuck at 10:30-12 minute miles for so long I was surprised to see that 9:46 last week.  I suppose I was concentrating on being able to breathe so much, that I wasn't paying attention to the run, and it just happened.

The  next goal after consistantly keeping it sub 10 minutes will be to do more than 1 mile at that speed.  Any suggestion on how to advance that?  Should I just try to go a few more yards each run, or is there another method you would suggest.  I want to maintain the speed while increasing the distance.  I know I can run further, but not currently at that pace.

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 3/23/09 5:15 am - Cumming, GA
40 minutes of weights (legs and core), 25 minutes on the TM, 40 minutes on the elliptical, 1 bloody nipple (seriously, i forgot my princess band-aids this morning).
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

jon1970
on 3/23/09 7:06 am

3.5 mile run today

victoria R.
on 3/23/09 9:51 am - goose creek, SC
2 miles run on treadmill & 1 hour interval spin class.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/09 9:58 am - Fort Worth, TX
UPDATE>>>>>

So after work, I wanted to swim some more. I ended up getting in anouther 3750 Meters consisting of Pulls, kicks, and free. So that makes a total of about 6750 meters today... yeah buddy!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 3/23/09 2:55 pm - Northern, CA
I slacked off.

I still have muscles aching in my butt that I didn't know I had from my Sat. workout. So I figured I'd let them rest up.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Vicki PNW
on 3/23/09 4:31 pm
Got a cure for Monday blues?

1 hour Yoga class, using chairs instead of mats.
3 rounds of circuit training, working with weight-resistant machines.
30 minutes on treadmill, averaging 2.5 mph with 5.0 incline.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary recumbent bike.
30 minutes of mall-walking at nearby shopping mall, since it was very cold and rainy today.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active