Bloody nipple

Hawgman
on 3/23/09 2:41 am - TX
OK guys I know this is kind of different.

When I run, especially, in the cold my nipples get raw.  On the long runs they get bloody.

What do I do to solve this probem??

Thanks.
mcarthur01
on 3/23/09 2:59 am - Cumming, GA
band-aids work for me, this even happens to me in the gym (elliptical mainly).  I use the clear spots band-aids and haven't had an issue with them falling off.  Once I ran out of clear spots and had to use my daughter's princess band-aids, which I then forgot about and received a bunch of wierd stares in the locker room... good times.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/09 4:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
On March 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM Pacific Time, mcarthur01 wrote:
band-aids work for me, this even happens to me in the gym (elliptical mainly).  I use the clear spots band-aids and haven't had an issue with them falling off.  Once I ran out of clear spots and had to use my daughter's princess band-aids, which I then forgot about and received a bunch of wierd stares in the locker room... good times.
 "I use the clear spots band-aids and haven't had an issue with them falling off." ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE BAND AIDS OR YOUR NIPPLES???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 3/23/09 4:12 am - Port Huron, MI
On March 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM Pacific Time, mcarthur01 wrote:
Sorry, trying to picture Chewbacca in the locker room with princess band-aids
mcarthur01
on 3/23/09 5:08 am - Cumming, GA
it is a messed up site let me tell you... oh yeah, definitely the band-aids not falling off, my nipples haven't fallen off in years.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 3/23/09 3:03 am
Have you tried using a compression shirt, something that isn't going to move around, and provides a layer between you and your garments that may be causing the rubbing?

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/09 3:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
I really would'nt worry about the bloody nipples too much, at least until you wake up to the dog nipping at you!!! Bloody nipples..... Might be an inspiration for a new song!!! Anyways.... I always wear compression shirts as Scott recommended, also, I would recommend buying some Body Glide, and lube your boobs before you run. Heck.... You should lift up your shirt on the treadmill and rub it on while in motion... Chicks dig it. My brother used to call me "Beefy Tits" before surgery, and when I started running post-op, man I would get some chaffing going on..... On one long run, I went out too far and had to sleep overnight, the family met up with me, and I built a campfire with the Heat Rash I had between my thighs!!! (Just messin around) But I will tell you I am a HUGE fan of the Body Glide ... 3 Thumbs up in my book... It will help. Dang bro, bloody nipples do not sound pleasant! Reminds me of a bit they did on the Golf Channel about Phil Nickelsen... Or as they reffered to him... "Phil Nipplesen". I believe the comentator said he hadn't seen more nipple since he flipped through the Playboy channel. Phil tends to wear those thin soft blend polo shirts without an undershirt and it appears as though his Moobs (Man Boobs) jostle to and from vigorously when he walks, I would imagine he has some tender nips at the end of a round too, might have to send this thread to him. Anyways, try the compresion and glide and you will be fine. Peace out....

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Hawgman
on 3/23/09 4:10 am - TX
How 'bout name of a new band, "Ladies and Gentlemen for your entertainment...The Bloody Nipples!!"

LOL
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/09 4:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
Or better yet..... "Ladies and gentlemen... please welcome to the stage Chaffed and Bloody... they will be playing songs from their debut album entitled...."Nectar Of My Bosom"

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

saxman007
on 3/23/09 4:42 am - Port Huron, MI
 Pretty common problem.  I'm fine up to about 9 miles or so, if I go more than 15 I'm then I'm guaranteed some bloody nipple action.  I've heard good things about body glide but don't have any yet, I've tried bandaids but I sweat them off.  I have had success with putting a big glob of vaseline on the area and making sure to keep moisturizer handy for the nipple post-run.
If you google it you'll see other suggestions.  Mine never really hurt, just got really strange looks from people until I looked down and realized my shirt was red with blood.
Good luck and keep on running!
--Dan
Most Active