Too Intense?

wonkad
on 3/19/09 4:52 am - IL
Okay, I need some serious help. I'm 3.5 months out.

Here's my calorie breakdown from yesterday:

Fat: 22g
Carbs: 50g
Sugars: 19g
Fiber: 8g
Protein: 85g
100 oz water
Vitamins (calcium, multi, b-complex, b-12)

I ate a total of 690 calories yesterday. But here's where it gets crazy: I burned 1,202 calories during my workout (cardio step sculpt, cycling, weights) and now I'm at a negative 513 calories. What the heck did my body burn?????

My weight loss is stalling. I'm still losing inches, but I'm concerned that I'm doing something wrong. Here are my current stats:

5'7", 187lbs, size 12s are getting very loose. Last week I wore a M(10-12) dress.

I carry weight in my thighs, hips and a little in my breasts. The thighs are toning up nicely and the breasts are still holding on for dear life. My mid section is smooth but mos def NOT where I want it to be. I want my abs to look like the singer "Pink's" .

My goal is a 4/6 but I'm worried that my body is going to resist. What would YOU do?

shock.gif

**Weight loss since June 08**

MacMadame
on 3/19/09 1:16 pm, edited 3/19/09 1:18 pm - Northern, CA
Well, first of all, it's possible that you aren't burning what you think you are with exercise. A lot of the machines and formulas over-estimate. If you have a HRM, that tends to be more accurate though. Plus those numbers don't sound *too* out of whack for what you are doing.

But either way, the important thing is that, if you are losing inches, then you are losing fat. Which means you aren't doing anything wrong at all. You are building muscle (good) and losing fat (good).

The problem is the scale -- it doesn't really tell us what our fat loss is. If you build up muscle, it might weigh as much as the fat you lost, but you are in a smaller size and have a better body fat percentage.

I'm at the point where I don't care what the scale says. I want my body fat percentage in the 18 to 22% range. If the scale never budges an inch but my body fat goes down 5%, I will be HAWT and fit (which is hot in its own way) and I won't care what the scale says.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active