I have a question?

juliannesmom
on 3/18/09 7:46 pm
I posted on the lightweight board, but then I thought maybe someone here might have a different thought.  Is there anyone here who has lost 90+ pounds and whose body didn't require plastic surgery.  I am very opposed to another surgery, and I really just want to know what kind of hope I might have of not having to either have plastic surgery or to be dissatisfied with my body because eventually I will have sagging drooping skin?  Just feeling discouraged today.  It will be another 2 weeks before my surgeon will let me do anything besides walk (which still really kind of wears me out and I'm just walking for 30 to 45 minutes at a fairly light speed).  As soon as the surgeon gives the word I'm gonna try to find a trainer to help me with a routine 
BEcca 
Amelie722
on 3/18/09 9:08 pm - KY
 Becca,
First of all....we are older so are naturally more saggy, at least that's part of it. But I will tell you after 123 pounds gone, I think I'll be Ok with my body truly.  There are many body shapers out there to help with the look of clothes particularly for "the girls", but right now I don't even bother.  Many folks rush to plastics quickly and more power to them if they have the money etc.  A gal my mom knew who had WLS in her 40's said to wait for at least 18-24 months once you reach goal weight because she found her skin really bounced back more than she expected, So that's what I'm planning.  Heck by then I'll be in my mid 40's so doubt I'll really care.  The skin issue is not as bad as I expected it would be.  I'm also working out at least twice per week too.  Oldham and Weiss have said many times in the seminars that exercise, proper nutrition and vitamins will really help with the skin issues

Amy

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active