OK Guys... I Am Registering For This... Who Wants In Too???

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/16/09 2:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html

I am doing the 100 mile flavor... They also have a 50 mile trail run, but you know me... Go big or go home!!!! They give you 30 hours to finish the 5 x 20 mile loop... totally do-able. Just have to build up a sicker base in the off-season!

Anyone sick enough to contimplate doing this with me??? Let me know.... I'll be there!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 3/16/09 8:06 am
Ouch!  It's all yours Dan! 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/09 1:55 am - Mt Pleasant, IA
WOW!
Good luck, I just wanna complete my 1st 5K! I can't even imagine this but I am sure you will totally excel at it!
Chris S.
on 3/18/09 3:29 am - SC
Hi Dan

I THINK I might be in. I have a 24 hr race in late September, my goal is 50 miles, hoping to exceed it. If I go farther than that-I'll be signing up.

Is this all trail running? I looked for information about the trails but did not see any...

This is a whole new reeally cool sub-culture, I think they wear flashlighted hats and the training is all different...so very cool

Chris
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/18/09 4:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yeah bro... all trails, mostly covered with pines needles & leaves for a softer less rugged terrain. Everything about the race is on that link, but yeah... flashlighted hats, the whole nine... it is gonna be awesome...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 3/19/09 10:59 pm - Dacula, GA
I think one day I'll be up for a 50M...or a 50K...the whole 100 seems yucky. I hate running tho!

That's a lot of training! Good luck! I know you can do it! Nutrition nutrition nutrition!!!

If I do one it will probably be Umstead...it's close!

I like the Western States one! It's a point to point chipped one. They post mugshots of everyone participating! I have a friend who did it 2 years ago and broke his hand and finished.

I had a friend who was supposed to do it last year but it got cancelled b/c of the fires and smoke.
Seht
on 3/25/09 5:15 am, edited 3/25/09 5:15 am
I was just checking out the western states run
OMG, their runners manual is like a horror story trying to scare you out of competing.
I guess it's a good thing, they don't want to have to be rescuing people out of the mountains.
24 hours 100 miles and you get a silver belt buckle
30 hours 100 miles and you get a brass belt buckle
It really sounds interesting, but it would probably take me 2 days to complete that event.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active