Monday workout

Scott William
on 3/16/09 1:00 am
After two weeks of floundering in self pitty, I finally get out and had a good run today.  I did about 2.5 miles and it felt fine.  Most importantly, it was a confidence booster.

I also did a double upper body workout because I am working a double shift tonight and won't be hitting the gym tomorrow.

How did you do today?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/16/09 2:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Bro,

Good job on getting back in the saddle! I swam 2000 meters in 32:13 and did 500 Meters in kick / pull  drills.... 300 meter hypoxic breathing drills.... That's it.... Going for 40 - 50 mile ride this evening. Take care....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 3/16/09 8:12 am
After yesterday's 14 miles of hills, I just didn't have a run in me today.  So, it was a 45-minute spin class for me at reduced effort.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

saxman007
on 3/16/09 9:02 am - Port Huron, MI
 So much for an easy run, ended up sprinting 2 miles (oops).  But hey I averaged 8:26 and I really slowed down the last 45 seconds.  Fastest ever on that!
Now if I can get some energy back I'll head down for some slow laps at the Y -- that is if I can figure out how to swim slow!
--Dan
Vicki PNW
on 3/16/09 10:24 am
For Monday 3/16/2009:

1 hour Yoga class, using chairs instead of mats.
3 rounds of circuit training, working with weight-resistant machines.
15 minutes on treadmill, averaging 2.5 mph with 5.0 incline.  Plus, 2 minutes cool-down.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/16/09 11:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
UPDATE>>>

Swam this morning... see a couple posts up on this thread. Then, this afternoon, headed out for a 39 mile ride. Gorgeous day out with about 8 mph winds. A pretty hilly course, but I have to say I had a lot of fun. I ended up adjusting my seatpost almost 2 inches higher, and that made ALL the difference. I averaged 18.7 MPH for 39 miles in wind, versus Saturday (my 2nd time on my bike ) at the Tri averaging 17.5 on 12 miles out of position! On the flats with the wind at my back, I dropped down to my biggest gear and busted loose for about 5 minute**** 39 mph!!!! Holy crap that was awesome to go that fast!!!! I am loving my bike, loving being Aero, and am loving my sport more and more!!! Take care guys.... 13 mile run on the plate tomorrow and probably an easy 1 hour recovery ride, also have Master's swim class tomorrow morning. Later....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 3/16/09 11:40 am - Port Huron, MI
 Got in 500 yards at the Y.  Was glad to get 100 yards before needing to suck wind for awhile!
MacMadame
on 3/16/09 2:29 pm - Northern, CA
Stationary bike at the gym. Got in 13.33 miles in 47 min. Oh and moved up to Level 11 on Random Hill.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jon1970
on 3/16/09 3:21 pm
Did a brick workout today. 14 mile bike followed by a 3.5 minute run
Mifiremedic
on 3/16/09 9:47 pm - MI
I had planned to run during lunch, but my schedule didnt allow it.

So I only did my 1.5 hours of swim training with the tri club. It amazing how far I've come from last year, but I still have a ways to go to get prepared for the August HIM.
Most Active