St. Patrick's Day Tri - Race Report........

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/14/09 2:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I will write my full report tomorrow... Just wanted to let you all know how it went for my first Tri of '09:
 Overall Place In Clydesdale (out of 43)---> 4       4  Dan Benintendi        Age --->  34     
300 Meters -->   5:03.6    T1-->   1:40.6 Bike Time (12 miles) -->  41:15.1
Bike Pace -->17.5 T2 -->  2:08.4      Run Time (5K) --> 23:48.8  Avg Mile Time -->7:41     
Total Time --->  1:13:56.5

Here's the link for results... http://www.racechiptiming.com/files/ST.PADDY\'STRIATHLONRESU LTS.HTM

Man, it was nasty out there. 40 degrees and sprinkling at the start of race.... BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
I was happy with my swim and pretty stoked on my run, but my bike... that's a different story! I only got to ride my new Tri bike 1 time before this race, before I was riding a road bike. I felt like I had never riden a bike before, it is so amazing the different muscles you use in your legs in an Aero position... It was like my muscles had never pedaled a bike before... Very frustrating, and a lot of work to do, but I will get it quick. There is no reason why I should not have won my division, had I raced my road bike, which probably would not have been a bad idea, I would have paced at least 20mph as I did at this course last year on it, and would have won by over 3 minutes. Oh well... Really happy with the result considering the conditions. Look for the full report tomorrow, I am too tired to write right now, and I am going for a 2 hour ride with Chad from this board tomorrow at 7am. Catch ya'll later...

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 9:17 pm - McKinney, TX
all I can say is WOW, you are such an inspiration!
Seht
on 3/14/09 9:56 pm
Good work.

Next time you will have some miles in on the tri-bike and you will blow em away.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 3/17/09 5:33 am - Missoula, MT
Learn something new every race.  This was yours.

Great race, and next one will get even better.

Linn

Most Active