Delaware Marathon Anyone???

Chris S.
on 3/9/09 2:03 pm - SC
Just wondering if anyone has ever run it and how'd they like it...or is anyone running it?

I ran a 5K with my 2 daughters 9 and 12 this past weekend. The newspaper had pictures of the first place runners, the webpage had 1600 pictures of the 5000 or so runners that came out that day...and on the front of the webpage was my daughter Hannah 12, running/walking her first 5K (in Converse high tops!!--could not get her out of her Chuck Taylors)...but from the photo you can tell she is following my "mantra" I think the right word might be...

1-start
2-enjoy
3-finish

From the picture you can tell she has #2 nailed. This is her at the finish line

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/section/YUSPORTS01?app=runni ng

in the middle-under "Sunshine gets the race off on the right foot"--I think this is one of the things running is all about-pure enjoyment.

Chris

Rob S.
on 3/9/09 11:46 pm - DE
Howdy Chris,
I live in Delaware, but the Delaware Marathon does not rank high on my list because they run loops.  This year I think they are running a new course, so instead of 4 loops, there are only 2.  I'm not running it this year.
Rob
Chris S.
on 3/10/09 5:44 am - SC
Thanks Rob. I saw they were doing 2 loops-I've never run loops before so I thought I'd give it a try. I have cousins in DE so I thought I'd visit them and do a run while I am there

Any suggestions on a good place to stay while in Wilmington? I would like to stay at a hotel that maybe I could get to the race within walking distance-easier to get to and from...any suggestions? a chain hotel like marriot or something?
Rob S.
on 3/10/09 7:37 am - DE
Hi Chris,
There is a Sheraton Suites in Wilmington right next to the start.302-654-8300 or 888-627-7040.   
There is a Marriot Courtyard within three blocks of the start.  Not sure of the cost.
Good luck.
Rob
Chris S.
on 3/18/09 3:23 am - SC
Thank you Rob-Sheraton it is. I appreciate the information

Chris
Most Active