Back In The Game... MONDAY WORKOUTS..... Come On Folks Let's Hear It!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/9/09 1:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
Ok, so it was great getting back into the "Tri" mode rather than the "Marathon Mode"!!! I got up at 4:30am was at the gym by 5am. I started off with 1600 Meters in the drink... (5 x 300... 300 free, 300 pull, 300 pull with buoy, 300 pull, 400 free) Then I went and did a 1 hour spin class that was all interval work... What a beating... Then tried to do a brick but the legs are still not ready to run yet... still recuping from marathon and strained syatic nerve (Spelling !@#$%^&), so I ran for 1 mile, then decided to get back in the pool. I then swam 1600 Meters free straight and am feeling great. I have a sprint tri this weekend so hopefully if I lay off running for a couple more days I will be firing on all cylinders Saturday! OHH AND CHECK THIS OUT: My surgeon told me today to come by his office and pick up a check for the cost of my tri bike!!! YESSSSSS!!! He is soooo awesome. anyways what did you all do today???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 3/9/09 2:56 am
I have a 5k planned for this evening after work.
I have a day of staring at food ahead of me.  The office decided that we would celebrate the time change by having an all day mexican fiesta.  The table is starting to load up with food.  Must resist (ha).
I also plan to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out where I can score a cool doctor like you have.  Congrats again on the new bike.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 3/9/09 3:20 am - Cumming, GA
30 minutes of weights (back, bi, and shoulders), 20 minutes on the TM, 40 minutes on the eliptical, and 20 minutes on the stairmaster.  I didn't have time for a swim today, but definitely will tomorrow.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Cassie W.
on 3/9/09 4:23 am
Today, I ran an easy 3 miles at an average 9:52 pace.  It's cool how the pace of my "easy" runs is getting faster.  My coach reviewed my last two weeks of training and believes the4-hour marathon is within my reach in May.  For those who have been following the training plan he's outlined for me, here are weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5 
Mon:  3 miles easy 
Tue:  15 minute warm up easy; 5 x 2:00 min. hill at 80% effort; 10 to 12 minutes easy. 
Wed:  3 miles easy 
Thu:  5 miles total; run easy for a 1.5mile; 8 x 60 seconds at 80% effort 
with a 60 second jog between each effort; then jog 1.5mile easy for a 
recovery.
Fri:  1 hour spin or elliptical
Sat:  rest
Sun:  14 miles at 70 to 75% effort hilly course 

Week 6 
Mon:  2 miles easy 
Tue:  4 miles with several 60 second surges
Wed:  4 miles easy 
Thu:  6 miles easy 
Fri:  rest 
Sat:  2 miles easy 
Sun:  10 minute warm up easy, 10 x 880 yards around 4:10 to 4:15 per 880 yard 
with a two minute recovery easy, then 10 minutes easy. 
Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 3/9/09 8:24 am - MI
Nothing for me. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and chills. Going to bed early tonight, and hopefully wake up in a better state of health.

Sweet deal on the tri bike...
saxman007
on 3/9/09 12:26 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Headed out to do a 5 mile run but started faster than I wanted, after 2.5 miles I decided my goal was to finish the 3.8 mile loop and keep my pace (9:09).  I felt absolutely great, next run I'll aim for 9:45/10:00 and do the 5 miles.  After headed up to the Y and did some laps.  Was able to do 2 laps before needing a rest.   I did feel somewhat decent about things (Thanks Sherry!)
Dan, any videos/pointers for the swimming?  I'm sure that I'll be up and doing 200 pretty quickly, just deed to get used to the water.
--Dan
MacMadame
on 3/9/09 1:33 pm - Northern, CA
Did 13.22 miles on the stationary bike. Oh and I didn't bonk on the highest hill!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jon1970
on 3/9/09 2:05 pm
I ran 9.4 miles at an average pace of 11:06. I felt really slow. But the distance is building up again.
Vampi
on 3/9/09 10:11 pm - Mandeville, LA
2 miles walk interrupted by an incident with my walking partner's dog getting a wire stuck in it's paw during the walk.  We had to stop and help the doggie, then the kids came home from school, so that was the end of my exercise. 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Most Active