walk/run program music suggestions

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/09 12:50 am - McKinney, TX
I have been on a walk / run program for almost a month now and I'm really enjoying it and slowly but surely building up strength and stamina for running.  I just did my first 5K, mostly walking. 

The music on my ipod is frustrating me.  I can't seem to find a good mix of music.  I searched on the internet for music mixes but they seem to all be butchered by house bands lol. 

Any suggestions of some of your favorite tunes?  I listen mostly to Christian music but I love all kinds of music and I'm open to any ideas.
totalfreedom
on 3/8/09 3:54 am - Northern CA
Hi,

I know what you mean. I can't find a good mix I like either from the internet. However, from this album I like several songs that go well with my running beat.

The artist is Chris Rea and the CD is "The Best of Chris Rea". 2 songs i like are: Let's Dance and Auberge.

kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Sherry_Berry
on 3/8/09 6:04 am - Dacula, GA
I teach spin class and go to itunes and usually search the popular stuff for a good beat.

Anyhoo-search the podcasts. There is a C25k-couch to 5k-run'/walk program that has music workouts for the specific intervals.
MacMadame
on 3/8/09 9:40 am - Northern, CA
I just use my regular music and if something too slow comes on, I fast-forward to the next one. Most of the stuff I like is pretty peppy though. And loud!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 3/9/09 3:04 am
You can also make your own interval music.

If you use i-tunes, or a similar program, I also use media monkey for this as well.  You can actually click on the file and set the properties so that it only plays for X amount of time.  Then when it switches to the next song, you know it's time to switch to run or walk.

Basically right click on the file, select get info
Click on the options tab
from there you can chose the start and stop point for the song.

So if there is a particular section of the song  you like you can chose to have it play just that song.
Once you have set the songs you want for your play list, just copy them over to your mp3 player and you are set.

Don't forget to go back and uncheck the changes you made if you want to hear the whole song again in the future.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/09 9:00 am - McKinney, TX
Oh my gosh!  I never knew you could do that in itunes.  That is perfect!  Thank you so much!
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 7:02 am - Concord, NC
if you like hard Christian music...I really like Thousand foot Krutch
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 9:50 am - McKinney, TX
I had never heard of them but I think I'm falling in love with them lol . . .thanks for the suggestion!
Most Active