Exercise for Knees

Michele S.
on 3/6/09 11:43 pm
I have Osteoarthritis in both knees.  I am looking for types of exercise that will not make them worse but strengthen them.  Water exercises are out, no pool i nthe are unfortunately.

I was doing treadmill and Wii Fit in December at least 1/2 and hour a day 6 days a week.  Now walking causes pain for the rest of the day.  I am hoping that when the weather clears up, it will get a little better since it seems to have gotten worse wiht the weather (If I am wrong please do not tell me yet, I am enjoying the thoughts of it tight now, it is keeping me going wiht exercise even though it is only 3 days a week. )

Tried talking to PCP but he did not have anything on hand at the time.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Michele S.
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

411 / 210 / 200
danger-mouse
on 3/7/09 12:09 pm
Hi
I just joined tonight and am all over the place!!  Right now I'm trying to learn about the different types of surgery that's available so I can decide what is best for me.  Anyway I saw your post and it intrigued me as I have problmes with both of my knees and really need some suggestions on exercises I can do.  My PCP tells me to walk but he just doesn't understand how painful it is in cold weather (there is some arthritus involved),  I sure hope you get some good answers.
Most Active