knee pain

rmrowland_74
on 3/5/09 7:07 am
Hi I love to run and bike and last weekend I did a dualthon which was 2mile run/15 milebike/2 mile run. My right knee was injured when I was a teenager and I had surgery to repair the ligaments. However now both my knees hurt when I run but especially when I run on the road. The bike I think is fine. My big question is taking NSAIDS for the pain and inflammation. I have tendonitis and I know NSAIDS should be avoided after roux-n-y due to the increased risk of gastric ulcers. Any suggestions for the knee pain. This week I have avoided running, I did spin class twice, eplictial once and weights twice.
MacMadame
on 3/5/09 3:21 pm - Northern, CA
Some surgeons say NSAIDs are okay if you take them with a PPI. There are also non-NSAID medicine available that helps with inflammation. Maybe you should talk to yours and see if he has suggestions.

There are techniques for running that are less hard on the knees. Our tri coach taught us something called "Pose Running" last weekend and it really helps with that. So does building up strength in your quads. So does having properly fitted running shoes.

Maybe someone else has some other suggestions ... those are just the things I do to help with knee pain.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active