? Is it just me ?

panhead58fl
on 3/4/09 4:43 am - Barboursville, WV

I bought me a couple of new pair of shoes. Actually one pair is slightly used from ebay. A pair of Brooks just like what I have been using. I was the only bidder ended up $12.00 with shipping, $100.00 pair of shoes, thought how can I go wrong. Probably have 80% of their life left, any way back to my point.

I bought a new pair of Brooks Glycerin 6. Not the latest model, Glycerin 7,  but newer than what I have been using. I can't wait to go for a run in them and try them out. I can't believe I am this excited about trying out a new pair of running shoes. Please tell me I am not the only one!

Prior to surgery and before running I had three pair of shoes. One pair of boots that I wore every day to work and when riding my motorcycle, one pair of dress shoes that I rarely wore and one old pair of beat up Rawlings sneakers. Right now I have five pairs of running shoes, thats counting  the oldest pair that I keep at work to walk in.  

I think I have turned into a shoe ***** Any one else out there have this same affliction? How about event shirts? At one time I could have worn a different Harley shirt every day of the month, now I have more event shirts. Of course I had some Harley shirts that were 20 or 25 years old that I can wear again.

My wife thinks I am a clothes ***** period.

pan head

victoria R.
on 3/4/09 10:44 am - goose creek, SC

No you're not the only one.  I was just looking at my running shoes and examining them and they are still in good shape however I was thinking of getting another pair and switching them out.  I also have 4 more pairs of tennis shoes I use for the gym when I'm not running.  I am also starting an event shirt collection too, I already have 4 from this year so far.  I used to be a handbag ho but now I'd rather spend my $$$ on fitness gear my sister in law was just over here and asked me if I'd gotten a new handbag lately and I told her not for over 6 months.  It's a good addiction we have.... 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

kypdurran
on 3/4/09 12:25 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Shoes, bikes, swim goggles, transition bags, gloves, tights, arm warmers, compression socks...  I get excited to try everything out and my girlfriend looks at me like I'm an idiot as I giggle with delight as I tear open a package to reveal a new pair of .

It's all good pan head.  :)

Chad

Most Active