Hot Yogaaaaa

Kirsty1314
on 3/3/09 12:54 pm - Bayville, NY
So I'm not a huge fan of Yoga (only tried it once but wasn't in love) but I'm tryin hot yoga tomorrow cuz I've always wanted too!!! I've got one friend who told me she fainted doing it and one friend who says it's slippery and fun!!! Any hot yoga lovers out there that can give me some advice?? I'm nervous that I'm gonna b this fat gross blob in a room of yoga lovers!!!!! Yikesss!!!!
Linn D.
on 3/3/09 1:50 pm - Missoula, MT
My gym has a very wide variety of ages, shapes and sizes in all the yoga classes.  If you've always wanted to, by all means GO!  Have a good frame of mind and enjoy the class.

Linn
Vicki PNW
on 3/3/09 4:17 pm
Bring in plenty of water!
Best of luck!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

kara P.
on 3/19/09 8:20 am - NH
I started Bikram Yoga in Feb, the room is a steamy 105 degrees, I would suggest showing up atleast 15 minutes early so you can get acclimated to the room, dont eat anything remotely heavy for 1-2 hours before class, drink plenty of water the day of, and bring a couple bottles with you.  It is a complete workout for all musles, joints, etc, and when you are done, you'll feel like you can do anything! 

I say go for it.  If it gets to be too much, just lie down.  ENJOY!
Most Active