Running headphone recommendations anyone?

levittown_loser
on 3/2/09 3:52 am - Levittown, PA
So I've been using in ear ear-buds that sort of  "seal" in and block outside noise.   These may not be the best for running but good for being on an airplane!   They also tend to fall out while running if I don't have a hat or headband on to keep some tension on them.

I've done some google searches for reviews and found a few choices.  I wonder if anyone here has some tried and true headphone you like?  I see most have over the ear guards that keep them in place better.    What do you have?

Thanks!

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Seht
on 3/2/09 6:11 am, edited 3/2/09 6:12 am
I actually like the kind you are using.
I think they feel much better than the standard ipod headphones. 

The in ear ear plug vs. the ear buds.

The plugs are round cylinder shape and fit into the ear much better than the ear bud style, at least for me.

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Y22epBdfL._AA260_.jpg

You can spend as much or as little as you want, from 8-10 dollars up to some really expensive bose brand.

I believe you can get them with the over the head band as well, so that would solve the problem of them falling out.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

levittown_loser
on 3/2/09 8:06 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks for the reply Scott.  I do like the in ear fit.   I'll keep looking into my options.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

saxman007
on 3/2/09 11:46 am - Port Huron, MI
Sennheiser MX75 is what I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJEYZS.
I went through about 4 or 5 different pairs when my sweat would short them out.  These are supposed to be more 'sweatproof'.  They do stay in the ears nice and are comfortable.
--Sax

levittown_loser
on 3/2/09 8:05 pm - Levittown, PA
Thanks Sax!  I'll have to check those out.

Scott William
on 3/2/09 8:53 pm
I just use the ones that came with my Ipod.  I cut off the right cord and only use the left.  It works well for me.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Brian W.
on 3/3/09 6:04 am - Belmont, CA
I have been using a pair of Sony MDR-AS20J headphones.  Google them and read the reviews.  They fit securely over the ear and have stayed in for me on all my runs so far. 

Brian
~350
jon1970
on 3/3/09 2:39 pm
I like the motorola s9 blue tooth headphones. They are wireless. I did have issues with my first pair the buttons stopped working but motorola sent me a replacement with no questions asked. It is really nice not to have to worry about wires.
BOS02215
on 3/6/09 4:08 am
I use the Nike Hatphones. The little speakers fit over your ears and there's a pouch for your Nano or shuffle along with the wire connections. The nano controls can be accessed on the outside of the hat but it's tricky at first.  Can be used with the Nike + Ipod transmitter. Yes, I look like a hoodlum when I run but it's really comfortable. They are available for men and women in different colors, fabrics, etc.

Here's a link:

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US &cp=usns_KW_071608_FroogleCSE&l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1007 01/pid-148662/pgid-148919#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/p id-148662/pgid-148919
Most Active