Biggest Liar

Seht
on 3/2/09 3:27 am
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/02/danes-marathon.html

Damn I was so impressed when I saw that this guy had run a marathon, and the time he did it in was pretty impressive.  I actually thought when I saw the time, no way he did it that fast, that's a damn good job for someone on their first marathon.  Now the truth comes out.

I would have been more impressed with his finish even if it had been over the alotted race time.  The fact that he completed it would have been more inspirational.  I think it would have been better T.V. to see him struggle acros the finish line after the alotted time, it would have shown his perserverance.  Now the whole thing is tarnished.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/2/09 3:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
The thing that frustrated me the most is the FACT that he accepted a Finisher's Medal. You can't "Bunny-Hop" 3 miles, get a ride, get a medal, and then go EARN the medal. I feel bad that he is getting hammered by the public along with the field producer, but for goodness sake, why did he take a medal. He should have done the half instead. Anyways... :"Woman swims accross the Atlantic", Blaine finishes marathon in 3:53:00.... all bogus, the media sux! Anyways, he still ran a long way, but deserves the eggs in the face because of the integrity issue.

IMHO...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 3/2/09 9:01 pm
My initial response was, no F***ing way!  There was nobody around and since when is there nobody around the finish line to a marathon at 3:45.  I also thought that the time read 5 something and they were saying that it was 3 something. 

I will also say that it doesn't surprise me that they would do that.  I'm glad the truth is out.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 3/2/09 9:52 pm - Long Island, NY
Wow - I was so impressed by his time. What a disappointment to find out about this. Thanks for sharing the link.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Elisa K.
on 3/2/09 10:59 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I'm with you, Scott - I would have been more impressed that he finished, no matter how long it took him.  I don't know about him, but I would not be able to live with myself if I cheated like that.  He didn't have to cheat  - he could have told the field production guy to scratch.  What an ass!! 
levittown_loser
on 3/3/09 4:52 am - Levittown, PA

'Biggest Loser's" Dane: Not giving the marathon medal back

Pretty lame!   I'd feel so guilty every time I saw the medal if I knew I did what he did.  You don't just get a 3 mile van ride and take a medal for "tv footage".

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Most Active