I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea what

shyoned
on 3/1/09 1:32 am
Ok, here is my deal.  I was at a stall and decided I needed something to make sure I was really being as active as I thought I was.  So I got a body bugg.   It calculates how many calories you are burning even while sleeping.  (same as they wear on the biggest loser)  I keep a very detailed food diary, and keep my calorie intake at around 850 - 900 calories, and get about 65 - 75 gms protien a day.  I exercise 5 days a week, and am burning 2100 to 2200 calories a day.  So knowing that a lb is 3500 calories, I have a deficit of 1200 - 1300 calories a day...I drink plenty of water now too.....so WHY am I STILL NOT LOSING WEIGHT.....and worse, when I got on the scale this morning I went up!!!

1.  I measure myself a couple of times a month......SAME
2.  Weigh myself couple of times a month.....SAME

I am getting very frustrated!!!!!!!

SW:  258     CW: 167     GW:  138      91lbs down, 29 lbs to go

Linn D.
on 3/1/09 4:05 am - Missoula, MT
It's really not as easy as the numbers would seem.  Each body has its own mechanisms of holding on to what is theirs.  The more highly vascularized your adipose tissue is, the more the body wants to hold on to it.

I didn't lose my last 25# until I started running, but I also on't put a lot of stock in all those calorie measuring tools.

The main thing you can do is keep on exercising regularly and making sure your diet is appropriate and it will all work out eventually.  There's no way to make the body go faster than it's willing.

Linn
MacMadame
on 3/1/09 2:17 pm - Northern, CA
"I also don't put a lot of stock in all those calorie measuring tools."

Me either. The BodyBugg, in particular, doesn't use your heart rate so it can be thrown off by things like the external temperature.

Plus, the scale isn't that accurate for measuring fat lose, particularly if you are gaining muscle in its place. Are your inches going down? For example, this and last month, my weight loss slowed down from the previous two months but my inches lost are similar to the first two months when my weight loss was much higher. I'll take the inches!

OTOH, I consume a minimum of 100 g of protein a day and I think the extra protein helps my fat loss. 65-75 g seems pretty low to me, particularly if you had a malabsorptive surgery. My program starts people at 70-90 g, in fact.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

shyoned
on 3/2/09 6:12 am
My program only said to eat a min of 50 grams of protein.  I am still not able to eat a lot of food (Only 6 months out)  so to get 65 - 75 is a big thing for me.   I haven't had any measurable inches lost in about 2 months either......I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, so perhaps he will give me some insight to what I could/should change

SW:  258     CW: 167     GW:  138      91lbs down, 29 lbs to go

Most Active