When is jogging running?

Vampi
on 2/27/09 7:46 am - Mandeville, LA
I love, love, love John Bingham (aka The Penguin)!!!  He is so inspiring!  I am so slow that most people walk faster than I run, but I am still a runner!  Distance?  I laugh at distance!! My first "run" was about 20 feet before I ran out of breath, cramped up and had to stop, but I am still a runner.  LOL

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Jce3g
on 2/27/09 2:32 am - MI
Wow,  great responses.  Originally I did not intend to open a philosophical discussion but was thinking more practical - at what speed do you consider you switched from jogging to running.

I agree, to get out and attempt to cover any distance at any speed above a walk makes you a runner.   The more you do it the natural result will be to be able to do it longer and faster.  Evening jogging is a form of running in my book.

I guess what I was thinking was you can jog then run then sprint.  The line between running and sprinting is easy to define running although fast is at a pace one hopes to maintain where as sprinting is 100% effort which by nature in a short time and distance will lead to failure (unable to continue at that pace)  The line between jogging and running seems to be little more fuzzy, so I was just interested in what that was for you individually.

However philosophy of being a runner is also a great discussion.  The amazing thing is how many of us before our life changes would have every thought we could even be part of the discussion.

Jason
Most Active